Operation Try Hard - Losing Weight with Back Surgery?

Options
Hi all,

I am hoping to connect with people who can encourage or relate.

I am 27yrs old, female, wife and mummy to 2 little ones. A boy 3y and 7mth old girl.

In the past 6 months I have spent what adds up to a MONTH in hospital with back surgeries. I had a fusion L5/S1, something went wrong and they had to do it all over again a month later. All while my littlest one was just a few months old. Recovery has been non-existent (life gets in the way) and still very reliant on pain medications. Pregnancy and back pain meant I blew up - I am not too much shy of 100kg!!!

Thus 'Operation Try Hard' which is what I am calling my attempts to try a bit harder at getting myself healthy, losing weight, getting my back strong, stop being so reliant on pain medications...all those things that feel a bit out of reach.

I've also developed a killer reliance on Red Bull energy drinks, as in I was having a few each day to try to fight off the drowsiness from the pain killers since I still needed to raise my two little kids as well as work and try to keep the house from sinking into wasteland (any mums relate??)

Anyway. I've managed 3 days without ANY red bull, with the expected headaches and dizziness from withdrawals but I'm determined.

Hoping somebody will want to connect and share a similar story?

Best regards to you - J

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Wanted to pop in and welcome you to the site! :smiley:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    have you heard of the ketogenic diet? or whole 30? paleo? perhaps one of those can help you. i know keto helped me with lots of pain issues.