Working on weight loss, body image and overall confidence

Options
Hi there MFPers :)

I suffer from very low self esteem and poor body image, and am hoping to change that as I lose weight. I have around 20-25 pounds to lose, and would like to think that when I am more comfortable in my body I will feel more comfortable in the world.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I have so many things that I want to do, and this extra weight and its impact on my confidence is really holding me back. I want to change that this year by working on my self esteem as well as my body.

I am psyching myself up to begin; I have hooked up a scale that syncs with MFP (to keep me honest), and am going to make my diary open when I get to grips with it.

I welcome all friends and am here to offer support also! :)

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. :)
  • EllEile
    EllEile Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome JustSomeEm :)

Vla, I think we are on the same page. I just read your most recent blog entry, and agree with a lot of what you say. (And I definitely reccommend Wuthering Heights!). Thanks for the post.
  • hdonaldsonm
    hdonaldsonm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    EllEile wrote: »
    Hi there MFPers :)

I suffer from very low self esteem and poor body image, and am hoping to change that as I lose weight. I have around 20-25 pounds to lose, and would like to think that when I am more comfortable in my body I will feel more comfortable in the world.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I have so many things that I want to do, and this extra weight and its impact on my confidence is really holding me back. I want to change that this year by working on my self esteem as well as my body.

In the same boat. I felt my best at 150. Slowly creeped up to 160 and then 165 by this time last year. Throughout 2016 I managed to climb to 180. I need to get back to feeling good again physically and more importantly mentally.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have horrible depression and anxiety, and consequently low self esteem and poor body image as well. I managed to lose a whole bunch of weight using this site before, but gained it all back. I've got about 50 pounds to lose this time around (maybe a bit more?) and would love to have some other women for support and motivation in this journey!