I'm starting today!

Options
Hi there everyone! Starting my journey from today, have a goal to reach for my ideal weight! I just wanted to know what's everyone's favourite breakfast/lunch to have? Post your thoughts as it would be great to get some ideas! Let me know how your current journey is going and good luck!
Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is a toasted slice of Dave's Killer power seed bread topped with 1/4 cup Egg Beaters, 1/4 avocado and a little sriracha sauce. I also like some of the Hungry Girl egg mug recipes.
  • jsnipes78
    jsnipes78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a breakfast person so I would go with something easy like cereal, special k bar or fruit. My favorite thing for lunch is a salad because you can put almost anything in it and you can prepare them in advance.

Today is also my first fI'll day with the commitment to myself. I'm probably going to have a bagel with some fruit.
  • FLBeachluvr
    FLBeachluvr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    For me I find that if I eat a breakfast that has protein it keeps me from being ravenous at lunch time. Another quick and easy breakfast is some Greek yogurt with a little granola on top.
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone! Starting my journey from today, have a goal to reach for my ideal weight! I just wanted to know what's everyone's favourite breakfast/lunch to have? Post your thoughts as it would be great to get some ideas! Let me know how your current journey is going and good luck!
    Feel free to add me :)

Breakfast
    Plain oatmeal with a cup of blueberries...140 total calories.
    I switch it up with protein pancakes every other day... 170 total calories for 2 pancakes plain. Add blue agave for topping.

Lunch
    Depends if I'm on the road or home.
    Home - tuna patties..so good! 150 calories per party. Additional calories if you make a sandwich with whole wheat bread.

Road
    Protein bars are great!
  • Jalexander33
    Jalexander33 Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ideal breakfast
    3 slices of Lower Sodium Bacon
    3/4 Large eggs over easy
    2 Slices of Low Sodium Wheat toast
    Grits or Hash brown 1/2 a cup

Typical breakfast
    1 1/2 cups of cereal
    1/2 cup of 2% Milk

Lunch is left overs of last nights dinner. Last night we had steak, Carrots and Roast sweet potatoes.

As WalkingDeadFrank said Protein bars are a must for those times I need a snack or to kill a upstart hunger. Just be careful with Protein bar stay away from anything that has more than 10g of sugar for the bar.
  • udayasuryav
    udayasuryav Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    (One full egg and three egg whites + choice of veggies) omelette with a whole wheat toast -- i eat this whenever i can as breakfast and keeps me full a long time.

All the best for the year :)