Dairy free & low carb

Options
Dairy free because of chronic intolerance and low carb and less meat because of blood type and digestion system. Anyone else have similar eating habits? If so, I would love to connect here as friends. The dairy free is new maybe about a month or so. low carb I'm used to not the best or most creative low carber but I know how to eat as low carb as possible when needed. Dairy free is hard when u live a busy life. How has dairy free benefited you in anyway? Ps my favorite food in the world was cheese...sighhhh

Replies

• treehugger55
    treehugger55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am vegan and have put on weight and been reading about carbs causing diabetes so I am just now embarking on a Mediterranean style diet which will include lots of veggies, nuts, tofu, beans, lentils, whole grains eg quinoa, good fats ie olive oil and avocados.
  • treehugger55
    treehugger55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can buy dairy free cheese, don't know how good/bad did you it is, but I am going to allow myself a little of it on my plan. And vegan quorn, veggie sausages for protein
  • chrisdell21
    chrisdell21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite going dairy free but I'm going to be trying to limit it a lot more than I have. I'm trying to go as carb free as possible. Any carbs I take in should be coming from the vegetables and limited fruit that I am eating. Right now I'm trying to do a combination of paleo and keto style eating habits. Paleo is completely no dairy and keto is okay with a low of it (as long as you are within your macros)
  • studiog608
    studiog608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm not dairy free yet since I eat cheese. I love it on sauteed tofu for meal one. I am carb cycling and have low carb days. it's not too bad. I just have to get creative when planning daily meals on low days to make sure to stay at 20% carbs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Hi I am vegan and have put on weight and been reading about carbs causing diabetes so I am just now embarking on a Mediterranean style diet which will include lots of veggies, nuts, tofu, beans, lentils, whole grains eg quinoa, good fats ie olive oil and avocados.

Vegetables, beans, lentils, and whole grains are all pretty rich in carbohydrates. The good news is that you don't have to worry about carbohydrates causing diabetes. Unless a doctor has specifically advised you to limit carbohydrates due to a health problem, it's okay for you to eat them.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have up dairy 15 years ago for the most part. i can eat a little each week and be ok,but not much...maybe an ounce of cheese or a few crackers in some daily dip. I lost weight which wasn't my goal and overall feel SO much better. I hope you have positive results! Not sure about the low carb, i am about 20 percent carb, and 40/40. so it would depend on your definition of low carb.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Carbs are important from brain health so just make sure you are still getting enough
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been completely dairy free before and I noticed my sinuses felt amazing. I'm not 100% dairy free now, but it's negligible.

It was hard at first bc I lurve cheese. But the first time I went paleo I went cold turkey. First week was hard but then I noticed I don't miss it in flavoring. Things I would add cheese to tasted the same without it.

Now I'd consider myself primal as I will do high quality dairy occasionally. I found there's a threshold for me--I can have small amounts of cheese with no effect.
  • Lei9785gha
    Lei9785gha Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm considering paleo
    Thanks
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Can you explain how blood type affects the kind of foods you can eat?
  • IonaEllen123
    IonaEllen123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have cut down on dairy recently as I found out I'm lactose intolerant. I still have milk & cheese just lactosefree ones (brand - Arla). I am trying to get it out of all meals & snacks but it seem to be in everything.
  • Lei9785gha
    Lei9785gha Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Can you explain how blood type affects the kind of foods you can eat?

http://www.dadamo.com/txt/index.pl?1003