100 lbs to lose and weight loss surgery

Options
I recently had weight loss surgery and need to lose 100 lbs to get to goal. I would love to have friends who have either had surgery or need to lose 100 lbs or anyone who is dedicated to losing weight. Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I've lost 120 lbs simply changing my eating and adding in workouts on MFP but I'm not familiar with any of the WLS's. Good Luck :)
  • countrygal7288
    countrygal7288 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Alexeialley! Oh and congrats to Hearts_2015 for the amazinggg weightloss. Ok, back to you, Alexeialley, I am in the same boat as you, except I have a little more weight to lose. :) I had my wls last month, and I need to lose about 170 more pounds, because my ultimate goal is to get to 130 lbs. I lost 58 lbs during the pre-surgery process, and have lost 30 lbs post surgery so far. If you don't mind me asking... When did you have your surgery? I'm curious to know, because I'm wondering which eating phase you are on so far. I'm on stage 3 (softer foods) moving to stage 4 next week. Perhaps if we are on the same phase, we can share food diaries etc.... Nice to meet you!! -- countrygal72
  • LaDeanDaniels
    LaDeanDaniels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi alexeialley, & countrygal7288, I have tried to send you a mail message about 4 or 5 times this morning and I keep getting error message. I also had WLS on March 30. Gastric sleeve, 30lbs loss pre surgery, 36lbs post with another 60/70lbs to go. Best of luck to you both, add me to friends list if you like.
    June
  • yaredream
    yaredream Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am planning to do the wls. I am just at the beginning of the process. I need to loose a total of 100 lb. The insurance required I go into a 6 month weight loss program before the surgery so I am using this app to help me. How was your recuperation after surgery?
  • lssb3314
    lssb3314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristen when you first had your lap and done was the weight loss process slow in the beginning ?
  • organigaya
    organigaya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently had weight loss surgery and need to lose 100 lbs to get to goal. I would love to have friends who have either had surgery or need to lose 100 lbs or anyone who is dedicated to losing weight. Feel free to add me :)

Hi, me too 52 years old, married, need to lose more than 100, but that is my current goal with weight loss surgery. I, the early 1990's I did a weight loss program called Optifast where you only drink shakes, 500 calories a day. It was super hard, though it was true that after a few days you weren't hungry anymore, it was not good for me physically and lead me to having gaul stones and eventually having my Gaul bladder out. I lost 125 lbs that time gained between 25-35 lbs back then stayed there until after my Gaul bladder surgery 10 years later. since then I gradually started putting it all back on until I got to within 5 lbs of my all time highest of 367 lbs. That was when I decided to look at the surgery.

I knew I couldn't lose that weight the same way I did in the past. I've been using Fitness Pal ever since it started and it help me with my weight control. It was hard at first before the data base got bigger, but it was still the best thing going. In March when I went to a seminar on the different surgeries I was told i had to be enrolled in a weight loss program and see a nutritionist, for three months. So I signed up for the premium service and started using it again. I just turned on the step counter on my I phone app for the first time. But in three months using fitness pal, I lost 17 lb, good moderate weight loss, but my knees have terrible osteo arthritis from carrying all this weight for so many years and without being able to exercise I knew I needed to go ahead with the surgery.

I had a Gastric Sleeve procedure done on Jun 16th. Since then I have a lost an additional 19 pounds and I'm now down 36 lbs to 326. It's exactly one week ago today I had the surgery. I can't even get to 1000 calories in a day and have to be very focused on getting my required 60 grams of protein. Watching the results on the MFP app, with the premium service, lets me see detailed vitamin and nutrient intake. In fact I just reminded myself to enter my two a day chewable vitamins in my diary today. I'm sure you're on a similar diet, are you looking at all the extra features now as you enter in your nutrition? You're a few weeks ahead of me, so I would love to hear what you're eating and how you are using MFP.

Paul
  • she800hunter2014
    she800hunter2014 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had WLS the end of Feb and I am currently looking for friends that have had WLS too. Please feel free to add me if you would like motivation. Were all in this together :)
  • rahcreate
    rahcreate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I had WLS (RNY) in Jan and am down 37.6kg | 82.7lb so far. Nice to meet you all!! Wishing you all the best on this crazy roller coaster to get our health and life back :). There's also really big WLS communities on Instagram, YouTube & Facebook - all of those have been amazing support for me so far xx
  • mamabost
    mamabost Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I had RNY in February of this year, and I am down 75 lbs! Let's keep positive vibes and motivation going for each other! ! !
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I had the sleeve done on June 27th and I am down 25 pounds. Best of luck to all!
  • Jspiritwolf
    Jspiritwolf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im going Sept1 for my consultation and am very anxious. Looking for support pals. I need to loose150lbs in order to have hip and knee replacement surgeries.
  • FitandFreeEmily_RNY
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I just had my RNY two months ago (June 27th) and came across this thread looking for some other WLS friends to follow. Started a new MFP account (was so sick of digging through 6 years of food logs on here, LOL). I'm down 60lbs and feeling GREAT!!! :smiley:
  • MickyMo
    MickyMo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yaredream wrote: »
    Hello. I am planning to do the wls. I am just at the beginning of the process. I need to loose a total of 100 lb. The insurance required I go into a 6 month weight loss program before the surgery so I am using this app to help me. How was your recuperation after surgery?

How have you done since May? I'm just beginning this process. I started a few months ago but just couldn't lose 1 stinkin pound a month because I wasn't in the right mind frame. :(
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have lost 102 lbs on my own from my highest weight (about 1.25 years ago), and am having WLS on 6/6/17. (VSG + SADI or DS). I'm interested in adding a support group on MFP to share loss success and meals. Support is key in our journey. I still have over 100 to lose, but I'll do it!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I had WLS 9 months ago - my diary is open to friends if you want to add me. I've had several hiccups this past month but my diary is HONEST.