Body wrap and lose inches?

Options
Have you heard about these body wraps that is supposed to make you shrink inches at a time? A friend told me about it. I guess you rub some cream stuff on the area you want to shrink and wrap it, not sure with what exactly, leave it for 45 minutes and you should see a difference. I dont believe it, just wondering what your thoughts are.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    LOL.

ya..wrestlers use them and so do jockeys..its to make weight..all it does is make you sweat out water weight. it does nothing to help you lose fat
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Have you heard about these body wraps that is supposed to make you shrink inches at a time? A friend told me about it. I guess you rub some cream stuff on the area you want to shrink and wrap it, not sure with what exactly, leave it for 45 minutes and you should see a difference. I dont believe it, just wondering what your thoughts are.

I think if that REALLY worked, it'd be a much more popular product than it is. You may lose an inch, but as soon as you have a beverage or two or eat an ounce of salt, you'll get it back.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    It's only temporary water weight loss. It comes right back. You don't lose any fat.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've found that it something sounds too good to be true, then it usually is...

The only way to lose weight and inches permanently is to eat healthier and move more...
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    I think its a bunch of bs. There is only one way to drop inches, other than surgery, exercise! What people will result to just to avoid exercise.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    It's only temporary water weight loss. It comes right back. You don't lose any fat.

Unfortantly true. I ahd them done felt amazing spent $100 for 4 of them and the results didn't last long.

The reason I tried them was to tighten up my loose skin. like I said didn't work.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Very temporary stuff. I remember when that came thru this area when i was in college. In a few days you realize you have wasted your money
  • mkateweis
    mkateweis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If that were true I would wrap myself like a mummy. It is a temporary fix, something that is useful to get into a dress once.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Snake oil, lol. If we could wrap away the fat we'd all be skinand bones!!
  • angelameda
    angelameda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Not interested in the temporary fixes have to do what it takes to be successful at losing the fat!!!!!!!!
  • staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    Not interested in the temporary fixes have to do what it takes to be successful at losing the fat!!!!!!!!

Exactly right. Also you are onIy wasting money on something like this.
  • newfielover
    newfielover Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think if that REALLY worked, it'd be a much more popular product than it is. You may lose an inch, but as soon as you have a beverage or two or eat an ounce of salt, you'll get it back.

LOL!!!! This made me laugh soooooo hard!!!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    If it is a product line called It Works, then it does work. However, it will not keep the inches off if you keep eating/drinking as you were before. Their wraps are not a water weight loss, as you are encouraged to be drinking water while you do them and for several days afterwards. They do not help you lose weight, just to tighten up loose skin. I used them after I lost weight when my skin wasn't rebounding as fast as I wanted and saw good inch loss that has stayed off.

If it is another product line, then I have no idea :-)

Edited to add that it helps you lose the fat that is "in your skin" which dieting/exercise doesn't seem to help lose.:smile:
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have actually ordered these, just waiting till this week... I will be trying them and hope it helps with the extra skin in the belly and thighs. @Aeriel - the ones I ordered are 'it works' product so I hope they help a little bit... definitely not something I wanna keep doing but if it will help with that extra hard to loose fat would be nice!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Snake oil, lol. If we could wrap away the fat we'd all be skinand bones!!

Does not wrap away the fat......it removes the toxins that surround the fat and help tighten the skin...but if research is done correctly you would know that the wraps that are mentioned below from It Works are meant to Tighten and Tone lose skin, it helps with stretch marks, cellulite, scars and vericose veins.....great product...and if you are using correctly as a routine, you will lose inches. It is fact. I use it and have continued to lose.....but you do have to maintain a good diet.

That being said. Don't knock it til you've tried it.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    LOL.

ya..wrestlers use them and so do jockeys..its to make weight..all it does is make you sweat out water weight. it does nothing to help you lose fat

Not all wraps are for water.....research