Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred

Options
So.. I am starting 30 day shred on Monday. People who have used it yay or nay. I have read some people really like it and it has worked well. Just looking for some more feedback on it. I hope it helps and doesn't kill me!! LOL

Replies

• mommachef
    mommachef Posts: 52
    Options
    There are tons of posts on the Shred along with before and after photos.

Bottom line? It works!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I absolutely love it! She kicks my butt every day. I take it on holiday with me, too. 20 minutes, and you get an amazing full body work out. In the beginnning, I found it a bit jarring on my knees. I love that she has one person on the video doing the beginnner and on doing the advanced. I just did the beginner version for a while until I got stronger and my body adjusted. Now I can do all the hard moves. I've been doing it for almost two months. Love, love, love it! And love the results!!!

Oh, yeah. They say to use five pound weights. That's way too heavy. I've just started upping some of the moves to five pound weights, otherwise I use 3 pound. See how your body reacts. Maybe you're in way better shape than I was when I started = )

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    i met w/ a couple last night that have a 1 yr old and the wife is 10 weeks pregnant. they just did this last week and they said it was too boring for them. they are fairly active but not like me for example. But of course any exercise is good so keep up the good work
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I have used it and still do occasionally and I LOVE IT,,,I will warn you the first 5-6 days you will think your dying,,LOL,,but you will get through it and it gets easier,,,I could'nt do it all th efirst few days but I did what I could and kept going till I worked myself up to it,,I would recommend starting with the 3lb weights ,it does'nt sound like much but believe after you hold them awhile they get heavy...and wear loose clothing you will bend jump and stretch,,i lost weight and inches with this dvd..i recommend measuring yourself before and after you complete it to see the difference,,I did each level for 10 days then moved on to the next level,,Good Luck and have fun,it is an intense workout,,,also log it under circuit training for the most accurate calories burnt...
  • inkedlala
    inkedlala Posts: 20
    Options
    Do it!
    and don't wimp out.
    I have tried it on several occasions and would do a day or two and give up.
    I am now on day 6 of level 1(I am doing 6 week 6 pack daily too), and I have lost half an inch on my waist as well as half on each thigh. AFTER SIX DAYS!
    I will admit the repetition is killing me, but I am trying to push through that, because I have seen amazing results for others and I can already see my body changing.
    Hopefully this has inspired you a little bit.
    Good luck!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I just started JM 30D Shred on Thursday, and let me tell you.. IT'S FREAKIN GREAT!! :bigsmile:
    I do the modifications since I broke my ankle March 2011. So while I'm recovering I don't bounce for high impact.
    I'm on day three and already I feel stronger and I'm not as winded! Stick to it, it works! :happy:
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I love it! Give it a shot, I think you'll like it and get good results.
  • teshaerwin
    teshaerwin Posts: 42
    Options
    I use it and love it!
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 5, and I thought I was going to die after the first day. It does work, you just have to stick with it!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just got the dvd. Planning on starting tomorrow. I want to see if it is something I can like. I'm already doing the c25K and a few other challenges, but I'd like to keep active.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVD I'm going to start today am just about to measure myself so I can check for results..... Maybe we new starters should organise ourselves for support?
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm almost up to level 3 of the shred and i love/hate it. when i'm doing it, i'm sweaty, out of breath, and i feel like i'm going to die, but i have not been sore afterwards AT ALL. i see other people saying that they're really sore after the workout or the next day, but so far this hasn't happened to me ... maybe i'm not doing it right.

some moves are really challenging, others seem sort of pointless or silly, but they all get me pretty sweaty.

btw, i'm a beginner. this is my first workout video ever, i've never set foot in a gym, and i started using 2lb and 3lb weights before working up to the 5lb weights. i still use the 3lbs for some things though.

i've noticed that my arms are much more toned and my tummy is firmer beneath the fat. i've definitely lost a few inches on my waist, belly, hips, and thighs, and i even lost a few pounds though i don't know if that's from 30ds or calorie restriction or both. once i finish the program, i'll probably post pictures. i try to get a picture for every level and i definitely see changes :)

good luck!
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great feedback guys. It makes me pretty excited to start. I WILL just push through and not quit!!
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into doing this video in the next couple of months since I have heard really great things about. For those of you who have done the video is this the only exercise you do during the day? Or do you do other things as well? For example, more cardio at the gym in the morning and at night do the dvd.
  • royale21
    royale21 Posts: 9
    Options
    I plan on starting it tomorrow also!! I started a month ago but only stuck with it for about a week but then life got in the way. I really loved it though so I plan to stick with it this time around. Also I have been doing the Couch to 5K and just finished week 2 of that, which makes me more confident that I will stick with 30 day shred this time.
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    what is this is it a dvd exercise programme gillian is def the trainer i would want and need x
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5, and love it...I love, love, love the fact that it is only 20 minutes...you can do anything for 20 minutes!!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into doing this video in the next couple of months since I have heard really great things about. For those of you who have done the video is this the only exercise you do during the day? Or do you do other things as well? For example, more cardio at the gym in the morning and at night do the dvd.

I do the video once a day, sometimes I skip a day if I feel really crappy. I always try to walk at least 20-30 minutes on my lunch break, and walk again once I get home from work.
  • bfapohunda
    Options
    I just did Level 1 Day 1 today and the only part that really kicked my *kitten* was the push-ups. Everything else wasn't too bad. I'm really loving it so far and hope I can keep it up for the full 30 days!
  • royale21
    royale21 Posts: 9
    Options
    Well I wasn't able to start this past Monday or Tuesday so I started up yesterday. I just finished Day 2 of Level 1 and Day 2 of Week 3 of Couch to 5K!! Keep up the good work everyone!!!