It's been so long.

Options
Hello to everyone. I have been away from the group for too long. Alot has happened since I last posted. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2015 but, as of yet, not on any medications. Although, doc said if my A1c was not better this month she is going to put me on something. 2016 was not very good to us. We lost our beautiful daughter in February 2016 and life has been turned upside down and inside out. Just getting out of bed in the morning is sometimes so very hard. Needless to say, I have not been taking care of myself. My weight was down now up. My diabetes was under good control and now not so good. I was exercising but, now have no motivation. So much sadness and disappointment. I am trying to move forward but, I need so much help and support. Thanks for "listening".

Replies

• onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hey jpottle, feel free to add me, you can do this! I've been here before and sadly gained about half of what I lost 2 years ago. And I'm back on high blood pressure because of it. I'm determined to get off them, slow and steady wins the race, you can move forward...one step at a time.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    @jpottle48
    Oh Hon, I'm so sorry about your Daughter <3

It's good to see you back here on MFP! :)

Here's a link to a T2 group of really warm and friendly members dealing with it in various ways. It can be so helpful to be around others that understand what we're dealing with.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group
  • jpottle48
    jpottle48 Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thank you onward1 and Hearts_2015. I appreciate your friendship and kind words. Trying to move forward every day. If you look at my Ticker you will see my beautiful daughter who passed away this past February. She is my special angel in Heaven now. Hopefully, she will help me get back to taking care of myself again. I miss her so much. :'(
  • tena124
    tena124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family. Be encouraged and reach to enjoy each moment with who is going through the loss with you, unity always helps in these times. Start back slowly and chin up :) Great to see your on here that is an awesome reach
  • jpottle48
    jpottle48 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words tene 124.
  • sharilee52
    sharilee52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I have been dealing with severe chronic depression due to some life events this past year. I understand how hard it can be to even get up and dressed in the morning, let alone exercise and make healthy meals. If you want to accept me a friend maybe we can support each other.