Honest effort to eat healthier and be active.

Options
I spent the last half of 2016 eating out more than I should have and didn't run as much as I used to. 2017 kicked off with a run that proved just how terribly I've regressed in time and stamina. For the girly part, trying to get back those runners legs and be less squishy over and drop down to 122lbs at 5'8". Currently 129lbs. Restricting the amount I eat out and carbs I consume, I want to feel better from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Here goes something!

Replies

• leffjunior
    leffjunior Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have to agree, 2016 saw way to much fast food and going out to eat. Time to get serious!
  • concavenotconvex
    concavenotconvex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @lefflerjr three days in, it's a perfect time to start. Before it's too late.
  • leffjunior
    leffjunior Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I started on Sunday. Haven't cheated yet.... Though, it's only been 3 days haha @concavenotconvex
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I am going to try a three pronged attack. 1) Increase my miles. I would like to get back to my 30 per week so I can try a full marathon this year. 2) return to the gym to add some tone and also do planks daily. 3) reduce alcohol consumption. This is what I did to lose my 50 pound beer gut two years ago but need to shed 15 pounds to feel better about myself. Tonight is the first day cutting alcohol and tomorrow will be my first run three stop by the gym and run one mile home. I did get six miles in this morning so I am in it to win it.
  • concavenotconvex
    concavenotconvex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @rsclause have you been doing half marathons? Oh, alcohol is a speed bump for many. Best of luck, I'm absolutely sure you can do it. You already lost 50lbs.