After lying to myself for far too long, here I am - ready for a change!

Options
Six years ago, I was very overweight. I decided to make a change, and it was easy to do. I was living alone, had all the time in the world to practically live at the gym (5-6 days per week, 2+ hours each visit, and I had a personal trainer for a while). I didn't have to think about anybody but myself, so cooking healthy was easy. I ran a half-marathon with great success. I religiously Calorie-counted and lost 37 pounds in less than a year. It was great!

Well, life happened. Just like any cliche, I got married, had a kid, and now my weight is almost back where it was 6 years ago. I lost a good amount of weight after having my daughter and although I wasn't back at my pre-pregnancy weight, I was happy. But, happy turned into complacent, and complacent turned into lazy. My clothes have been getting tighter and tighter in the past year, and I've just kept eating and eating, thinking "Oh, it's not THAT bad..."

Now I'm just mad at myself and am desperate for a change.

I've signed up for Beachbody and Shakeology to help get things going, though I doubt I'll continue with Shakeology (it's so expensive!). I'm looking for friends, commiseration, and motivation here on MFP! :smiley:

Replies

• Nikki12610
    Nikki12610 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on complacency; time to take back control. I'd love to help you stay on track... by doing so it'll keep me honest too!
    I lost 85lbs over the span of 2 years and slowly (a pound or two a month) it is coming back because I've made excuses. Time to loose the 20lbs I've gained.