Need meal ideas!!!!

Options
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas welcome! So sick of making the same old same old! All ideas welcome

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has great ideas! Look up their slow cooker meals, they are so good and easy, and best of all, you can make and freeze them in advance for days when you don't have time to prepare a full blown meal.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My dinners are really varied but my breakfasts and lunches are the same handful of things. They hover around 200 cals each and I'll have a cup of hot tea with or after.

1/2 cup 4% (no low fat, ew) cottage cheese and a no sugar added fruit cup, coffee.
    2oz low sodium ham, half a pita, tablespoon cottage cheese (instead of mayo or whatever, I like ham and CC together)
    Oatmeal with an apple in it or something
    Quick chicken soup (chicken, onions, carrots, celery, broth) in my pressure cooker
    An egg and egg whites, cherry tomatoes on a piece of ezekiel toast, no butter
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Get a cookbook!

My meals are based around the same components, but I vary them. This provides structure and encourages variety.

Sandwich, porridge, fruit and vegetables is the basis of most of my meals, but different breads, spreads, fruits, vegetables and grains. Dinners are often meat/fish+starch+veg. I rotate dinner themes through the week: Soup/casserole - white meat - leftovers - fish - anything - pizza, toast or pancakes - red meat.

Easy. I love food :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Find some pals who have the same calorie goal as you, and look at their diaries?
  • Erephyre
    Erephyre Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just made this for lunch for my fiance and I. That's total calories for the whole skillet. I winged it, but it turned out pretty good. I could have done it without the vegetable oil though.
    k9rl4sq3psdx.png
    c2vho7w6dpox.png
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a heck of a time getting the time to prepare my protein with my work schedule, workouts and three kids (single mom) so I have begun dedicating every second Sunday to cooking different proteins and packaging into single serve (3-4oz) packages and putting in the freezer. My favourites are:

Roast chicken
    Pork roast
    Beef roast
    Taco meat (turkey or beef)
    Turkey meatloaf (in muffin tin for portions)

I use these to add to salads primarily, and I love to stuff bell peppers with them also! Making a sort of chicken salad and putting into in a raw pepper or the taco meat and a little cheese to bake it, really is fantastic.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Last night hubby and I had meatballs with a spinach salad, green peppers, and vinaigrette dressing, mushrooms and a cutie orange. He had chicken tacos in his lunch today so 2 low carb tortillas, chicken, salsa, FF cheese, spinach and FF cottage cheese instead of sour cream with applesauce. I find meal prepping very helpful as we both work full-time and it saves us the thought of what's for dinner. Our breakfasts are either omlettes with spinach and mushrooms or muffin tin egg cups with various veggies in them and a slice of toast. He isn't much of a snacker I run in spurts usually cottage cheese, veggies and hummus or sometimes peanut butter and an apple or almonds and a few grapes
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is my go-to. I have both of her cookbooks too! Love her recipes. They are exactly the kind of things I cook on a regular basis: nutritious and calorie friendly, not too heavy, not restrictive, easy to make and of course they taste great.
  • JaznJamie
    JaznJamie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I get almost all of my recipes and ideas from Pinterest...

For dinner last night I made a Spanish cod recipe...basically cod braised in tomatoes with chickpeas and chorizo...having leftovers for lunch.
  • cfer667
    cfer667 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stealing this JaznJamie, thanks!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    From Cooking Light -

Stuffed Pepper Soup

1/2 pound ground round
    2 cups chopped green bell pepper
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
    1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice

Heat a small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped green bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, less-sodium beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
    Spoon 1/4 cup hot cooked rice into each of 6 bowls; top with 1 cup soup.

*Variations: for tomato soup I use Amy's or Progresso - Campbell's too sweet (IMO). I also like to add some basil. You can use brown rice. Red & green pepper combo is nice.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have a heck of a time getting the time to prepare my protein with my work schedule, workouts and three kids (single mom) so I have begun dedicating every second Sunday to cooking different proteins and packaging into single serve (3-4oz) packages and putting in the freezer.

Wow, you're busy! Kudos to you for finding the system that works well for you. I'm busy due to grad school (winter break now <3 ), and I've also found prepping and freezing protein such a help! I wish I hadn't waited so long to start. I worried that the flavor and texture would be subpar, but it's really not bad at all.
  • jaynerz
    jaynerz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash. I will make beef with taco seasoning or turkey meatballs and tomato sauce on top of spaghetti squash. So easy. 1 squash will give me 4 lunches usually!