Nutrisystem Meal Plan

Options
I would like to know if there is anyone that use the Nutrisystem Meal Plan. I have been on it for some time now and have lost about 2 waist size. Looking for a buddy to share some ideas with.

Replies

• mefirst2017
    mefirst2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have used nutrisystem in the past and decided to use it again. I started back up on the 1st
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use it too, feel free to add me. I started Sept. 24 and as of today have lost 47 lbs. and down 2 sizes.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have used it in the past and just started again yesterday.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    My in laws used it for six months and lost 50 and 40 pounds but when they stopped eating the nutrisystem meals gained the weight back plus some extra. Good luck
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    My in laws used it for six months and lost 50 and 40 pounds but when they stopped eating the nutrisystem meals gained the weight back plus some extra. Good luck

I have family members that had the same thing happen. Was not a sustainable method for them in the long run.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    Just because you finish the plan doesn't mean you can go back to your old eating habits. You should still follow the number of calories you eat each day and log your meals. I am doing the nutrisystem and still manage my calories thru mfp and I log everything. If I continue when I'm thru with the plan I should maintain.

Don't you have to start over and create a new list of foods when you're done with Nurtisystem though? MFP is great for storing recipes and such. It's work at first creating all your favorites, measuring portions has a small learning curve too.....but you have to do that sooner or later anyway.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

That was my experience as well. The plan really taught me absolutely nothing about sustaining weight loss.

I found it all too easy to slip back into my old habits over time because I never gained an understanding of how weight loss worked.
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have used it twice in the past. The first time I lost 20lbs in two months and the second I just couldn't get back into the routine of eating their food. The dinners were the hardest for me. As others have mentioned, after I lost weight and decided to start eating regularly again I gained the weight right back. Nutrisystem does really work, but the weight loss doesn't last long-term.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My daughter used it and lost about 15lbs, but gained it all back. She mentioned a few weeks ago that she thought of trying it again, but found it way too restrictive.
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I started it last month and my husband started this week. What I love is how EASY it is, I literally just grab my food and go. I'll add fresh veggies or a salad with my dinner and we make our own beef jerky, for added protein. Feel free to add me as well, OP! (or anyone else :smile: )

I have two friends that lost the weight and sustained their weight loss. One lost 40 lbs only using Nutrisystem and still looks amazing 2 years later. My other friend is the same way, she lost with WW and then got to her goal with Nutrisystem.

The way I see it is, they have proportioned everything out for you and took away all the prep work, which are two major issues when it comes to "dieting" for me, personally. I work full time, I'm in school full time and a mom and wife, so I NEED it to be easy or it doesn't get done. I like the size of the meals, so if you make a mental note you can start to see how big your portions should be once you start eating food you make yourself. As others have said, once you reach your goal or stop eating their food, you still have to track everything otherwise of course it'll come back! Good luck everyone! Happy New Year!
  • Ming1951
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    Just because you finish the plan doesn't mean you can go back to your old eating habits. You should still follow the number of calories you eat each day and log your meals. I am doing the nutrisystem and still manage my calories thru mfp and I log everything. If I continue when I'm thru with the plan I should maintain.

Don't you have to start over and create a new list of foods when you're done with Nurtisystem though? MFP is great for storing recipes and such. It's work at first creating all your favorites, measuring portions has a small learning curve too.....but you have to do that sooner or later anyway.

Not really, it is teaching me portion control. At first it was really hard to get use to eating small portions but now I learned to add veggies and a fruit or even a hard boiled egg on a hungry day. The added protein makes me fill satisfied. Plus I am also putting the meals in thru mfp, most are there. Days when I eat regular food, I also just log it, and of course weigh it.
    For me its about eating less, still feeling satisfied and staying within my calorie deficit. I am doing it even on days I don't eat Nutrisystem. They also have counselors who help guide you that you can speak too, And their frozen food is better than their shelf food, so I have a mix of the two.
  • annperk
    annperk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used it for 3 months and lost 20 lbs. Most of the food was ok, but there was a lot I didn't like. I prefer Weight Watchers or other meals better. But I am still working the plan. I just buy similar products watching the portions and nutrition info and combining power fuels etc. The best thing was that it taught me potion control. I've lost a total of 30 lbs so far but at some point you have to figure out how to do it on your own.
  • RemarkablyUnremarkable
    RemarkablyUnremarkable Posts: 63 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Smarttasha wrote: »
    I would like to know if there is anyone that use the Nutrisystem Meal Plan. I have been on it for some time now and have lost about 2 waist size. Looking for a buddy to share some ideas with.

I have been using it for almost 2 years
  • SUPLife37
    SUPLife37 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and today is my first day using Nutrisystem. I used it for a week a really long time ago and lost about 6 pounds the first week. But I was really young and I didn't want to really follow the eating plan, but now that I'm older I'm ready to start it again on the serious. Not only that, but I'm also using it along with exercising to P90X.
    I did P90X about 5 years ago and lost 50lbs. throughout the duration of the program. However, I ended up gaining back about 28lbs. due to having foot surgery and being out for about two months. I haven't really done anything to lose the extra weight that I have gained, but summer is coming and I race paddle boards and it's time to get in shape for the racing series.

Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I'm currently doing the weekly packs of Nutrisystem that you find in the stores like Walmart.
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I ordered my supply of food last night. It should be here sometime next week? I would love to have some friends to share the journey with.
  • twinzmom172
    twinzmom172 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started on Nutrisystem yesterday. My eating had become pretty out of control, had become lazy and started eating way too many tasty, high calorie convenience foods. I was stressing about the planning I usually have to do with dieting and kept putting off starting again because of that. That's why I decided to go with Nutrisystem. It's kind of expensive, but I needed something that took the planning out and was easy. I'm sure I won't be doing it forever, but it's a good way to get back in the swing of things. I love hearing the success stories so keep them coming!
  • Ming1951
    Options
    It does help me, I count my calories on mfp too. I am on month 6 of nutrisystem. I am eating more and more "regular" meals (not nutrisystem) but now I am feeling good with the amount. I have 18 more lbs to go to reach my goal. I have found eating veggies helps a lot. I eat mostly broccoli or cauliflower. Never had a taste for either but now I do. I also make sure I drink a glass of water before each meal and at times after (if I am still hungry). Their shakes are really good too.