Options

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    I am eating more calories than I burn. (Well trying to at least)
    I would love to have that 'problem' :D

Haha, yea but believe me it gets old after awhile.. the amount of food I have to eat on a daily basis can get ridiculous :p

Did you also take the Mercedes because the Porsche is in the shop? :laugh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The one where I eat very well for the most part and get some awesome nutrition in my body...then I exercise regularly...then the rest takes care of itself. I'm also going out for pizza with my boys for lunch.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Haha, yea but believe me it gets old after awhile.. the amount of food I have to eat on a daily basis can get ridiculous :p

Har har har :p
    But you are nursing too right? Trying to gain weight while nursing.. it's like running up hill, at least for me!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I've done reduced carb a couple of times, and it's helped me. Now, I count calories and make better choices most of the time -- whole grains over refined, less red meat (and meat in general), good fats.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For fun, I am trying calorie/carb cycling to see if it makes improvements in my training. But holy hell, I am struggling with carbs... I am not eating enough of them on my high carb days (never thought I would say that).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    For fun, I am trying calorie/carb cycling to see if it makes improvements in my training. But holy hell, I am struggling with carbs... I am not eating enough of them on my high carb days (never thought I would say that).

LOL Dabbling with the dark side. ;)
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been seeing a nutritionist. So I'm not on a plan per se, but I try to stick to clean eating and keep 3 meals and 2snacks at 15 net carbs or less at each. I also avoid cheese as much as possible bc it's processed food.

I was very successful without feeling deprived last year when I did. But, I stopped eating healthy (I'm not on a "diet) and I'm regrouping.

Seeing the nutritionist was by far the best results for me after doing Atkins, south beach, weight watchers, nutri system etc over the years.

I do consider the way I eat as aligning with primal (not strict paleo) because it centers around clean eating and eating foods good for your body. The guide from nutritionist helps me make clean food choices appropriate for my weight loss.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I also find, my problem with staying healthy eating on my weight loss journey is 100% mental for me bc I'm battling food addiction/compulsive eating. It's never been a matter of not liking or wanting healthy foods, I really do like them. But there is an emotional pull/draw to want to eat a big greasy slice of pizza or a giant piece of cake when it's in front of me. I can only describe it as more than a craving. Almost like my brain is saying I "need" it. Fix my brain, I'm good to go. Lol
  • KerrieMac10
    KerrieMac10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    While 30! It's amazing!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I eat what I ate to get fat BUT I eat less of some foods, made others lower calorie and moderate my chips/sweets.

I started to moderate Dr. Pepper but I think I've only had one in 6 months and it was too sweet:)

I cycle my calories because I don't want to eat a set amount every day and it seems to fit my social calendar.

I also stopped forcing myself to eat breakfast. I stop eating at 5pm just because I don't like going to bed on a full stomach and this seemed to help me sleep better as well as cut out the late night snacking.

Basically I'm eating in a way that I can maintain after I get to goal weight.

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lks802 wrote: »
    I've been seeing a nutritionist. So I'm not on a plan per se, but I try to stick to clean eating and keep 3 meals and 2snacks at 15 net carbs or less at each. I also avoid cheese as much as possible bc it's processed food.

I was very successful without feeling deprived last year when I did. But, I stopped eating healthy (I'm not on a "diet) and I'm regrouping.

Seeing the nutritionist was by far the best results for me after doing Atkins, south beach, weight watchers, nutri system etc over the years.

I do consider the way I eat as aligning with primal (not strict paleo) because it centers around clean eating and eating foods good for your body. The guide from nutritionist helps me make clean food choices appropriate for my weight loss.
    lks802 wrote: »
    I also find, my problem with staying healthy eating on my weight loss journey is 100% mental for me bc I'm battling food addiction/compulsive eating. It's never been a matter of not liking or wanting healthy foods, I really do like them. But there is an emotional pull/draw to want to eat a big greasy slice of pizza or a giant piece of cake when it's in front of me. I can only describe it as more than a craving. Almost like my brain is saying I "need" it. Fix my brain, I'm good to go. Lol

I suspect that the disordered eating you are struggling with, comes partly from the repeated diets in your past, and partly from the present strict/arbitrary food rules. If you can overcome that, eating will feel much easier.

This is what I was thinking as well, reading those two posts.
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm eating whole foods plant based, as fresh and raw as possible with exercise. I love how I feel on this way of life. I think it's going to be sustainable and healthy for me and the planet for at least the next forty or fifty years. LOL.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    For me, it made sense count everything except for fruits and veggies.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    LilacLion wrote: »
    I'm eating whole foods plant based, as fresh and raw as possible with exercise. I love how I feel on this way of life. I think it's going to be sustainable and healthy for me and the planet for at least the next forty or fifty years. LOL.

Do you live in a year round warm climate? Here in MI the terms 'fresh and raw' do not go together, this time of year lol :p
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My plan is to eat within my calorie goals. No weird restrictions. If I can get a little extra fiber and protein in there, make an effort to eat some fruit and vegetables, that's a cool bonus. Been here maintaining for almost 6 years so far and that's the best diet plan for me. It's almost TOO easy! :D
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Har har har :p
    But you are nursing too right? Trying to gain weight while nursing.. it's like running up hill, at least for me!

Seriously though, I can imagine because I am not bulking and I can hardly keep up with this little girl's demand.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to eat the widest variety of foods that satisfy my hunger and preference while staying within my calorie goals. If I want pasta for dinner I might eat lighter breakfast and lunch or try grab an extra 100 cals with a half hour power walk around the neigbourhood. Just try to keep it doable.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    CICO, eat some vegetables every day, get some protein, have some healthy fats. I'm a stubborn jerk; if I tell myself I can't have certain things I'll eat nothing but those things, and if I tell myself I have to eat certain things I'll go out of my way to avoid them. Best not to meddle with "what" and just focus on "how much," for me!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

LOL Dabbling with the dark side. ;)

Pray for me. Tomorrow is my first low carb day, so it might not be pretty on the forums...