Looking for friends and to join a group. Want to lose 70lbs

Options
Hi. My name is Laura. I am from the UK, currently weigh 265lbs and would love to weigh under 200lbs!!!

I have used this before and lost 2 stone. Unfortunelty I had a very stressful 2016 and put it all back on. 2016 was suppose to be my year to lose weight for my wedding forMarch 2017, but it seemed to cause me to stress and comfort eat.

As my wedding is less than 3months away I have decided that I am not stressing to lose for this, but for afterwards. I really want to start a family, and need to lose the weight for this. This is now my goal :smile:

I want to be active on these discussions and would even like to join an active group, but not one that is too big that I would get lost in.

Feel free to add me. I will make my diary public and would really like this year to be mine (along with most the population out there :wink: )

Replies

• Jo_Glynn
    Jo_Glynn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura, I'm Jo.
    I found your post and a lot of it rings true for me too. I'm in the UK, I'm 244 pounds and my overall aim is to lose is 83 pounds . I'm hoping that unlike other times I've tried this, 2017 will be the year I finally make the changes I know I need to. I don't have an event as such in mind though ideally by my next birthday (Dec) I can have reached my long goal. My motivator is health, mine is terrible and getting worse, so I need to really be doing things to lessen the burden on my body and give myself a fighting chance.
    I would also like to chat in a group that isn't too big. I'm still setting everything up on my profile so sorry if it's blank atm!
  • dxshakn
    dxshakn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Laura,
    I too have 70 lbs to lose. Well actually even more. I want this to be the year I actually do it! I would love to be in a group with you. I also need to update my profile information. I currently weight 272, which is ridiculously embarrassing to type. I have no upcoming events, except everything I go to that I would not like to feel like the fat girl with a pretty face. My user id is dxshakn! Feel free to add me!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been participating in challenge groups since 2013. We set small goals from holiday to holiday, this next run being from New Year's day to St. Patrick's day. If it sounds like something you might be interested in feel free to check us out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117807-new-years-to-st-patrick-day-2017-a-holiday-challenge

Theresa K
  • Commonflavor
    Commonflavor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy new year to you all..... I used this app back in 2015 and lost the weight..... I have gained the weight back and now I'm back at it again.... I wouldn't mind the support and of course feel free to add me as a friend....
  • CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds very familiar to me, too. I would like ideally like to lose between 55 - 65 pounds. I've lost weigh on MFP in the past, and I definitely need the support to keep me on track. I don't have anything major planned for the year, other than to be happy and comfortable. I would love to join this group as well.
  • laurasjourney88
    laurasjourney88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great to see you all wanting to lose the same amount as me! I was considering joining slimming world again, but I know Myfitnesspal works amazing, plus I can 'eat what I want' more as I watch my portion sizes.

I wasn't actually planning on starting a group as I don't even know how lol! But was wondering if people could recommend any groups?
  • jemalamb
    jemalamb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura I'm gemma mum of 3 and a hair and make up artist! I have 2 stone to lose and looking for friends to share this with!! Congratulations on your wedding xx feel free to add me xx
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey. I weigh 230, looking to get back to at least 200.
  • IUFAN16
    IUFAN16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group as well. I have 50 pounds to lose and could use all the accountability and motivation I can get. Thanks!
  • kerryleigh22
    kerryleigh22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, needing friends for motivation!
  • jenbt1989
    jenbt1989 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen, currently weigh 216 and would like to be 140 so 76lbs to lose. Managed some weight loss previously but never managed to keep it off so I'm hoping this time if I reach out for support, I'll succeed.

I was planning to lose weight for my wedding too but found the looming goal date (plus everything else that needed doing) too stressful & I think I ended up heavier for my wedding than ever before.

I thought my weight would cause problems trying to conceive but we managed and now have a healthy little one. I was monitored quite a lot during pregnancy because of my weight and wouldn't want another baby at the weight I am currently, would definitely recommend losing weight first.

Good luck, feel free to add me (I'm new to this!). We can do it!
  • PinkCheek9498
    PinkCheek9498 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Trying to find others with as much to loose as I have...close to 90lbs at the moment though.

Would love some buddies...feel free to add me!
  • queencoombs
    queencoombs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,
    2017 is definitely a new start!! I'm currently 236 but want to lose about 60lbs ish!!
    Feel free to add me - accountability and motivation is exactly what I need!!
  • whiplashy
    whiplashy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position to most of you. Currently weigh 240 lbs. Previously lost 6 stone using this site but have put back on 5 of that :blush: Ideally I want to get it all back off again but desperate to get back down to 200 at the very least, and keep it off this time. Most of the people I was friends with on this before are no longer active so feel free to add me :smile:
  • tulahealing
    tulahealing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    looking to lose 50lbs.... would love to make some friends :smile:
  • averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey guys! I am starting at 296 which is the biggest I have ever been. I have had quite a year. New baby who got very sick and I spent weeks in the hospital with her, husband spent quite a bit of time in a hospital, and a huge project at work that sucked a ton of my time.

Enough of the excuses, right! I'm looking to lose 50 pounds because I can't imagine losing more than that right now.

I'd love to join your group and make some friends on this journey!
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Linda I am a returning member I got 75 pounds to lose and over the holiday I did not so good
    I am going to weight watchers Friday to start over haven't been for 3 weeks
    I work in a group home of special needs adults and love my job but can be stressful but wonderful
    I am single 62 years old and no living children so wish me luck I need more friends
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Add me as your friend. I have to lose 40 pounds.