My New Years Resolution (cliche)

Options
Hello all. I have to get it together! I'm 42, 5'7, and 184.5 lbs. I'm a stress eater and have been in this "I don't care" mood lately. I am NOT happy and have lost a sense of self worth/love. Today was my first day of cutting back on sweets (my downfall). I'm committed to losing 20 pounds by August 1st. I'm glad to get started on my New Life Resolution!

Replies

• awolweightloss
    awolweightloss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Renee, I'm also 42, 5'7 and 191 pounds (although we work in Kilos 87kg in Australia). I have also had a devil may care attitude the last 2 years and desperately want to get down to 80 kilos before March as I'm going on a cruise. I'm starting today. New year new me!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Good luck op you can do it
  • steingrunnen
    steingrunnen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wish you luck, I found myself in the same situation and decided enough was enough.
  • moni032000
    moni032000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee, I can totally relate on ALL points. I'll be 44 in June and I'm determined to kick these pounds. I Love sweets, pastries, root beer floats and it's hard giving it up. We can motivate each other!!
  • Fitnessmom38
    Fitnessmom38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey yall I'm 38 and 5'7 around 225.6 I'm wanting to get down to 145 by the end of the year I also like sweets and soda and I stopped drinking Soda January 1st and have not had one in 3 days I'm doing this old turkey and I can tell you I already feel so much better since I stopped drinking soda' and etc.
  • Goals74
    Goals74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement! We can do this!! Fitnessmom38 I tried do what you did (cold turkey). Kudos to you as that's HARD!! I haven't eaten any additional sweets outside of my cream and sugar with coffee. I plan to treat myself with chocolate on the weekends
  • Fitnessmom38
    Fitnessmom38 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes it's been very hard I've had awful headaches but it's all worth it I'll add you as a friend
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Let's help each other add me we can do this one day at a time!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Have a plan. No plan means you'll just wander like a ship without a rudder.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10305529/new-years-resolution-have-a-plan-of-action-to-succeed#latest

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png