Options
    What are your goals?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Anyone know which fitness program is best? Or any good workout dvd

Best for what?

^^This. I like to walk, hike and do calisthenics. This year I'm going to learn rock climbing. It's best for me. Not best for someone who wants to train for running races or a swim meet or body building compete.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Well said ^^^ I started running by accident. My knees always hurt so I walked. I started playing ingress.com and that motivated be to run short distances. The more I played the more I ran and realized I wasn't hurting anymore. I now run 20 miles a week and love it. Its pretty much stay active and get that craving for it. Its easier if you are having fun and for me running at 5 am is my fun...to each thier own.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Samson's on Youtube. Free. Low impact I add 5 lb weight.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Try different things and stick with what you enjoy! :smile: if you're enjoying what you're doing you're far more likely to stick with it.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Best depends on your goals and what you personally enjoy. If you are looking for videos type what interests you into YouTube. You may find full length workouts for free or at least some good promo videos for programs to buy. I like lifting weights and use Stronglifts for that. I also run using C25K. I do yoga videos off YouTube occasionally. I search whatever I feel like working that day: gentle, for runners, back, flexibility etc.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Use my patented fitness program where you hit your mfp numbers, log all your food, and walk a half hour every day. Guaranteed weight loss or your imaginary money back.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Try different things and stick with what you enjoy! :smile: if you're enjoying what you're doing you're far more likely to stick with it.

I like this!
    3474449k Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like walking/running so that is mainly what I do. However, everyone should do some kind of strength training. I have to force myself to do that a 2 or 3 a week. Some calisthenics work for this and really don't take that long. Especially good are the plank, crunches, push-ups, leg lifts. I find your body responds better if you change it up so You Tube has tons of different work outs for free that you can try. Yoga if done regularly actually helps redefine your body and also your mind and is also on You Tube. It's more fun if you keep trying different things. Good luck.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Core De Force!