Tips for success

Options
hey what is your best tips to reach your goal weight with MFP?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Be disciplined...discipline leads to consistency...consistency leads to habit.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Consistency.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Weigh and log everything you eat and stay under daily calorie goal. That simple!
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    to add to whats already been said, eat health cut out dairy and working out within a cycle
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My best tip is to read these forums.

There is a wealth of information from all types of successful, intelligent folks. You don't have to sift through too much to identify these folks:). After years and years of yoyo'ing I've learned more on these forums than I ever did with any book or website.

best

ETA - keep an open mind, you may learn things you thought were true but aren't.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Water, water and more water.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You follow the plan and be really honest logging caloies, if in doubt over estimate, if using database choose the highest value. Then it will hit you, when you get on the scale and see real progress and you say "I got this". Thats when beast mode sets in and you believe!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    All of the above
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    to add to whats already been said, eat health cut out dairy and working out within a cycle

I agree with eating well and regular exercise, but dairy has nothing to do with anything really...I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian at least 3 days per week...low fat dairy plays a fairly prominent roll in my diet as a protein source.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    find a staple of foods that you enjoy, your go-to foods that make up 50% of your diet. Ensure these are always on hand, and plan your day accordingly. I found that helps me stay on track and prevents me from just grabbing whatever.
    For me this would be eggs, chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal.
    Also I keep supplies on hand to make smoothies, shakes, and decent salads.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Weight loss is simple, but challenging. You need to set yourself up for success. Focus on the things that matter and tune out the static. Don't do anything you can't see yourself doing, happily, for a long, long time. The weight loss phase is just a few months or a couple of years; maintenance brings another set of challenges, and you don't want to enter maintenance and be ready to throw in the towel just because you have deprived yourself on an unsustainable plan.