Any pregnant ladies out there who'd like to lose the baby weight with me?

Hi all,

So I'm back on MFP with a whole new goal - to have this baby (due date 16th Jan) and then to lose the pounds of blubber she has brought in her wake!

If I had one piece of advice to give aspiring mothers-to-be, it would be to work out like a ninja BEFORE you get pregnant.

Seriously, I should have trained for this like a marathon. My energy levels, my muscles and joints and everything else have been absolutely knackered by pregnancy. It would have been a really good idea to start from peak condition, as it has been a steep downhill slope from where I was 8 months ago.

I had such plans! I was going to carry on cycling to work (had to drop it at 5/6 months, as bump was messing with my balance and posture too much!); I was going to keep on swimming more or less daily (SO hard to motivate self when sososo tired all the time! And also embarrassing as so huge!); I was going to eat like a saint, imagining every mouthful as direct fuel for my perfect little foetus (birthday; Christmas; comfort eating; nuff said). OK, ditching the booze for 8 months has probably done me some good... but nevertheless I have never felt so out of shape, so physically weak, and - to be brutally frank about it - so very very fat. Which is particularly frustrating at 8 mths +, as there is now very little I can do about it until the baby is born (come on, baby!).

However; once the little so and so is out of me, I am very keen to shift the serious accumulated excess which I know damn well cannot be solely attributed to baby + placenta. I'm told breastfeeding will help some; but I am also going to need to grow some willpower and carve out some time for exercise, as I fear wintering at home alone with a newborn baby is a recipe for slothfulness and too many biscuits. I am going to need a plan, a routine, a proper approach to small and frequent meals including healthy and ready-to-eat snacks, and I am going to need the rigour and motivation that only comes with logging every damn thing that goes into my mouth on MFP. Sigh. Here we go again!

Any other preggos out there who'd like to join me??? I'd love the moral support!

Replies

• reddopal
    reddopal Posts: 1 Member
    Hi
    I just had my baby 2 weeks ago. I'm so ready to lose the weight!
    I would love to have support and keep me motivated to lose this flubber.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    My nugget is 10 weeks old... I still weigh as much as I did the day I went into labor. Maternity leave was lazy bliss.

Feel free to add me!
  • belle_h84
    belle_h84 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! Wow, does your story resonate with me! I am pregnant and due March 1. I had a rough go of it with being pretty sick up until week 20. I still tried to work out several times a week, but it was so hard!

Because I started out my pregnancy overweight, my Dr. told me I should aim to gain only about 10-15 pounds or less. So I have been focusing on my nutrition big time. So far, I have managed to gain about only 6 pounds, with two months left to go.

I have had serious round ligament pain from my the second half of my second trimester until now, which has limited my activity level, and is why focusing on my eating has been SO important! I am hoping that once I give birth and heal up, that I can stick with the healthy eating habits, and get back into working out.

I am also looking for post pregnancy buddies for when this baby comes so that I can lose any baby weight plus the 30-40 pounds I started the pregnancy with! But even until then, I use MFP as a way to stay accountable to my nutrition goals, so anyone who is on this thread, feel free to add me :)

• lindsayfrog1980
    lindsayfrog1980 Posts: 13 Member
    Not pregnant but baby is 5 months old and I can't say 'I've just had a baby' as an excuse anymore. Wish I'd got my act together sooner as I'm back to work next month :(