Time to lose a little weight - 50lbs to lose.

Options
Not really sure where this 50lb came from, I guess reaching my later 20s has slowed down metabolism but regardless it's got to go.

My targets are:
-Lose 50lb
-Improve overall fitness
-Tone up

I'm looking for some people to add, so I can share meal ideas and exercise plans. I'm currently doing boxing twice a week, I'm planning on throwing some cardio in between sessions too.

Replies

• theJ0K3RSpuppet
    theJ0K3RSpuppet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We can motivate each other.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much, it's not your metabolism.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You think your metabolism has slowed because you're in your late 20s?

OK grandpa.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Not really sure where this 50lb came from, I guess reaching my later 20s has slowed down metabolism but regardless it's got to go.

My targets are:
    -Lose 50lb
    -Improve overall fitness
    -Tone up

I'm looking for some people to add, so I can share meal ideas and exercise plans. I'm currently doing boxing twice a week, I'm planning on throwing some cardio in between sessions too.

Boxing is cardio
    I would look into keeping track of calories burned and calories consumed.
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for more MFP friends. The more support the better. Feel free to add me.
  • fitbunny68
    fitbunny68 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi metalhead, don't feel like people are being mean to you. It is true that the ideal weight is achieved through 90% diet and 10% exercise. (It used to be 80% diet and 20% exercise, but the medical profession has updated it to 90%). I am in the same boat as you, 50+ pounds to lose, so keep working on your diet using this app and I'm sure you will lose weight. Keep up the good work!
  • kimannhodge
    kimannhodge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me , I am a positive friend. No criticism here