Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Holiday Blues.. or motivation?

I went into the holiday season with "maintain, don't worry about losing" Did fairly well, had managed to maintain within 4 pounds for the whole month of November, up to Christmas. I was pretty proud of myself that I had only gained 4 pounds for the whole month.. so thought.. I'm just gonna not worry about it at all during the Christmas long weekend ( I had 5 days off work)..
Ya, well I gained an additional 4 pounds. Then.. then this picture happened.

Last years New Years to this years New Years. My oh my. I believe I was storing nuts in my cheeks for winter last year!! I don't want to go back to that.. EVER!! So even with the total of 8 pounds gained, I'm so pleased at where I have come and that picture was the exact motivation I needed to get myself back on track!! We may fall down, but it's the getting back up and starting again that takes the most effort. We can do this people!

5tx7jxnc350i.jpg

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I applaud your positivity- and by the way, you look great! The holidays were a setback for me too but it's all about how you handle it. You'll be logging losses again in no time.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    I applaud your positivity- and by the way, you look great! The holidays were a setback for me too but it's all about how you handle it. You'll be logging losses again in no time.

Thanks love! I appreciate it.
  • ukexplorer
    ukexplorer Posts: 380 Member
    I went into the holiday season with "maintain, don't worry about losing" Did fairly well, had managed to maintain within 4 pounds for the whole month of November, up to Christmas. I was pretty proud of myself that I had only gained 4 pounds for the whole month.. so thought.. I'm just gonna not worry about it at all during the Christmas long weekend ( I had 5 days off work)..
    Ya, well I gained an additional 4 pounds. Then.. then this picture happened.

Last years New Years to this years New Years. My oh my. I believe I was storing nuts in my cheeks for winter last year!! I don't want to go back to that.. EVER!! So even with the total of 8 pounds gained, I'm so pleased at where I have come and that picture was the exact motivation I needed to get myself back on track!! We may fall down, but it's the getting back up and starting again that takes the most effort. We can do this people!

5tx7jxnc350i.jpg

You look fantastic and about 10 years younger
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Thank you so much!!! :)
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    You look great!!! Don't worry about the 8#- Just get back on track and do what you've been doing!!
  • sadinplaid
    sadinplaid Posts: 140 Member
    You look beautiful, and those 8 pounds will come right back off! Happy New Year!