How many calories = 1lb of weight gain?

Options
Can anyone tell me that? I went over my goal today by 1500 calories... I know, it's bad!!

Replies

• Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    3500 calories= 1 pound
  • norcalrv
    norcalrv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Easy answer. 3,500 calories is one pound. Hope that helps.
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    3500 calories = 1 pound!!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you... so I should be good :/
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me that? I went over my goal today by 1500 calories... I know, it's bad!!

One day shouldn't set you back too badly however, it also depends on the type of calories you ate....My guess is that it will show through water weight gain....holding on to the foods you ate. Just don't sweat it, and move on.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    3500 and that means you'd have to eat 3500 MORE than the calories your body burns in a day. Not 3500 calories total - make sense?
  • aangulo31
    aangulo31 Posts: 3
    Options
    You should always have a cheat day....
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I've had 2 cheat days :(
    Oh well, I'm over it and moving on tomorrow!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Say your body needs 2000 calories a day to function. If you eat 2000 calories a day every day for the rest of your life. you wont gain a pound. But If you were to at 5500 calories a day then you would literally gain a pound a day. So as a previous poster said... its 3500 calories ON TOP OF what your body needs to function
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    read between the lines, she said "1lb" not 1lbs of fat or muscle. 3500 calories per fat, and about 1600 for muscle
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    read between the lines, she said "1lb" not 1lbs of fat or muscle. 3500 calories per fat, and about 1600 for muscle

Did YOU read what she said instead of "reading between the lines"? Considering she had a couple of "cheat" days and is concerned about going over her calories (by 1500) - I highly doubt muscle gain was her immediate concern.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Technically, it's 3500 Calories for a pound of Fat and 600 Calories for a pound of Muscle.

Considering how much you are over, you may have added a little bit of fat, but if you see an increase on the scale it is probably water weight. Most people who overindulge on a cheat day also go over on their sodium those days too. Basically, where sodium goes, water follows. So, if you've gone over on sodium as well as calories, you may see a much bigger jump on the scale then the calories would account for because of the sodium causing water retention. You may also see a blood pressure increase because of it too. ;-)
  • jamaicaqueen24
    jamaicaqueen24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
    thanks for the information