Meal prep help

Options
This is the first time I am doing this, kind of need some help and ideas. Traveling for the weekend and want to still eat healthy,

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My favorited to travel with are (keep in mind I travel 8hrs one way very frequently to visit my sister and take my three small children...):

Beef jerky (high protein and filling)
    Popcorn (prepop and bag in servings you measure)
    Veggies
    Apple slices and bananas
    Pita wraps (wrapped in tin foil to hold shape and eat while driving)
    Water and diet beverages
    Dark chocolate (cause come on... who doesn't want a treat while driving still??)
  • bcchast
    bcchast Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I am doing this, kind of need some help and ideas. Traveling for the weekend and want to still eat healthy,

Ok so are you meal prepping or are you packing snacks? I meal prep all of my meals for 3 days at a time.
    What is mentioned above, about snacks and travel foods, may be heathy or not, but that's not what I call meal prepping.
    Please clarify...
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    As a reformed prepper, I found the whe thing was frustratingly time consuming and added more shenanigans to packing.

Unless you're travelling to the moon or get stranded on a desert island or life raft, there's food/grocery stores to gwt it available anywhere you go. The key is tracking it.

I've been free ever since.