Looking for vegan friends?

Options
Im thinking on trying to eat vegan for 10 days to see if it has any affect on my blood pressure. I have tried dieting but bp has not moved. I was on Dr Mcdougalls website and seen many people get off their blood pressure, diabetes meds among others in as little as a week. So I thought i would try 10 and if it works i will keep going.

I was looking to add vegan friends so as I may follow your diary for meals.

Thanks

Replies

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Dr. McDougall is a quack and his prepared foods in the stores are, ironically, really high in sodium. His information seems good, in theory, but there are many other great sources for vegan information and nutrition. I'm vegan, so please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a vegan,not for health or anything, only for ethics but I am a good cook and I am somehow a fitness fan, may be able to give you good tips or something. :)
  • studiog608
    studiog608 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start the vegan lifestyle, too. :)
  • dawnwritesnow
    dawnwritesnow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning back to plant based. Feel free to add me.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Dr. McDougall is a quack and his prepared foods in the stores are, ironically, really high in sodium. His information seems good, in theory, but there are many other great sources for vegan information and nutrition. I'm vegan, so please feel free to add me as a friend!

Dr McDougall also claims to have cured incurable diseases on his website
  • plantbasedparty
    plantbasedparty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan so feel free to add me!
  • VeronatheBose
    VeronatheBose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vegan here... anyone feel free to add
  • lulufee317537
    lulufee317537 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, my BP is usually around 115/65 and I'm 38 yrs old. My husband is even older and his BP is that low also.
    We also exercise, this will help lower BP as well.

Any other vegan peeps feel free to add me!
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan but i don't like to tell anyone :D
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, my BP is usually around 115/65 and I'm 38 yrs old. My husband is even older and his BP is that low also.
    We also exercise, this will help lower BP as well.

Any other vegan peeps feel free to add me!

Did you start with high blood pressure?
  • littlesugar13
    littlesugar13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. I've not had any BP issues. However, I've become a chunky junk food vegan as of late
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan of 5 years...and anyone is free to send me a friend request. I'm on daily and love the encouragement (give and given). However, my diary is set to private. If you just want to follow diaries, I'm not the person for you. But, if you want to give and get encouragement, that would be me :)
  • lifeandleaves
    lifeandleaves Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and log intermittently. Feel free to add me.

My bp is usually 110/60 but it naturally is quite low, meaning I sometimes have to eat extra salt. Otherwise I have a pretty healthy, balanced diet. :)
  • Carmetta3
    Carmetta3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to make the transition to a vegan lifestyle, any help and tips would be useful and appreciated. Please add me.

• hrbilhim
    hrbilhim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also transitioning to a plant based (vegan) life style and would love some veg friends!
  • mycatjasper
    mycatjasper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    6 year vegan here looking for some friends as I've just restarted tracking!! Need some encouragement, I welcome any requests! :)
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    BEARSpaternalUNIT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Have returned to vegan recently and super happy to be back.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan (:
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, add if you'd like. I've reversed pre-diabetes in the last 6 mos, as well as decimated high triglycerides. Whoop! Anyone plz friend me- can't see how to from my app? Good luck! Plants rock!!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some vegan friends on here! I've been coming up with some great recipes and would live to recipe swap with some friends.