Desperetly need motivation to loose weight / work out

Options
My weight has steadily increased in the last two years. I've had a pretty bad couple of years at home and have struggled with depression. Without getting into details, I need to loose the weight and just have a general healthier life style for both my two kids and my lovely wife who deserves a better me then what I've been giving her for the last couple of years.

My biggest obstacle is stress eating, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• worklogue
    worklogue Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to find something to replace the eating when you become stressed. Also could replace the bad foods with less calorie options for the times that just you need something. Depression is such a difficult thing it can really dibiltize us when it's bad. I don't love excersice and I do have to force myself to be diligent to get it in but I do love music and even though I often dread the gym and my poor athletic ability I know that if I create a great playlist that hour of moving will be endurable and I often find that some of stress built up is unloaded helping me with my anxiety and down days. Hoping you find a path that's right for you. Best of luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,667 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a therapist? If depression is your issue, make sure to see the right people to help you overcome it. As for motivation, that all comes from within. People can inspire, cheer you on, etc., but unless you really want to do it, none of the other stuff matters. Successful people will take on obstacles and deterrences that impede them from their goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png