Vegan

Options
I was on MFP for 2 years and then dropped off. In the last few months I have slowly gained back weight. I am vegan, looking for people with the common interests of healthy eating, working out, and support.

Today is my first day back on 6 months... best to all

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Not vegan but there are some here.

Good luck!
  • littlesugar13
    littlesugar13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and trying to get back to a healthy vegan diet and lose 20-30#
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to become vegan for a few months but keep falling off the wagon. Would love to have someone to encourage me to lose weight and animal products!
  • rebeccamousseau
    rebeccamousseau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I too would love an accountability partner(s) in this journey. I've been off and on for years like a yo yo but I desire deeply to be fully vegan and plant based. The struggle for me is I crave pizza daily with all the cheese and I usually give in too often. Help?! Lol.
  • SecretZombie
    SecretZombie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also vegan and here trying to get to a healthy weight! I want to be a healthier vegan, and would love additional vegan friends/accountability partners!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I too would love an accountability partner(s) in this journey. I've been off and on for years like a yo yo but I desire deeply to be fully vegan and plant based. The struggle for me is I crave pizza daily with all the cheese and I usually give in too often. Help?! Lol.

Have you tried experimenting with other pizza toppings? I love pizza too -- I'll usually have it with non-dairy cheese or even hummus.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options

I have vegan meals (pescatarian by label) and I eat a vegan pizza from time to time. Pizza is my go to when I just want what some call "comfort" food.

I use...

Flat Out Pizza Crust -120 for the whole pizza
    Sauce of your choosing - Aprox 35-50 cal
    Gardin Product of your choice - aprox 120 cal (they have crumbles, bbq chicken, beef
    and load it with veggies of your choice

Please double check me on the Gardin products but I'm pretty sure all are vegan.
  • mycatjasper
    mycatjasper Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    6 year vegan here! Happy to offer advice to anyone else in need :) I'm looking for more vegan friends to help me in my weight loss!!
  • mycatjasper
    Options

I have vegan meals (pescatarian by label) and I eat a vegan pizza from time to time. Pizza is my go to when I just want what some call "comfort" food.

I use...

Flat Out Pizza Crust -120 for the whole pizza
    Sauce of your choosing - Aprox 35-50 cal
    Gardin Product of your choice - aprox 120 cal (they have crumbles, bbq chicken, beef
    and load it with veggies of your choice

Please double check me on the Gardin products but I'm pretty sure all are vegan.

Have you making pitta bread/tortilla wrap pizzas? I find I get the same pizza kick out of using them as the base and it's usually less carbs. Use tomato puree as the base and top with lots of veggies (my favs are red onion, sweetcorn, sliced courgette and pepper). You can use vegan cheese but I found that getting used to eating pizza without any kind of cheese on top was the best way for me to kick the craving. Hope that helps! :)
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi friends,

I recently fell off the vegan wagon with eating eggs for about a month but I am back on. Been following a mostly vegan diet for three years. I am at a weight I like but I want to put on more muscle so I'll likely have to put on weight. If anyone wants encourage, recipes, or advice on the journey I can help you with whatever I know!
  • ABVeganRunLift
    ABVeganRunLift Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in! I've been vegan and trying to be very plant based for 6 months and going strong. I've been off and on on my whole life, but 6 months ago, I watched the " vegucated" documentary on Netflix and haven't looked back. But who doesn't like a good vegan pizza! I'll second the Gardin crumbles, lots of veggies and I add some fig balsamic vinaigrette! So delicious!

Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for vegan-spiration!
  • rebeccamousseau
    Options
    bikram56 wrote: »
    I'm in! I've been vegan and trying to be very plant based for 6 months and going strong. I've been off and on on my whole life, but 6 months ago, I watched the " vegucated" documentary on Netflix and haven't looked back. But who doesn't like a good vegan pizza! I'll second the Gardin crumbles, lots of veggies and I add some fig balsamic vinaigrette! So delicious!

Wow. Fig balsamic drizzle on top sounds amazing. I'll have to try that. I did try the imitation cheese on top and it was terrible in my opinion. I went out to Pieology with friends and they offered it. I should have tried a bite before smothering all my beautiful veggies in that strange taste. My thoughts were it was much too strong in flavor. Not cheesy at all. I love the suggestions you all wrote. Thank you!
  • powwlita
    powwlita Posts: 16 Member
    Options

have you had a cheese-less pizza? I wasn't too fond of vegan cheese so I started getting veggie pizzas with no cheese. they are so good.
  • mycatjasper
    Options
    bikram56 wrote: »

Balsamic is a great idea!! If only I could share a picture of one of the latest pizzas I made, I blended up some cashews and nutritional yeast with a bit of water (to make a kind of 'cheese' paste) and put that on top with some balsamic, it was lovely!! :smiley:

I know I mentioned pitta bread/tortilla wrap bases before, but does anyone know of a less-bready base we could use? :pensive:
  • christopherpunwin
    Options
    If anyone is having particular issues being Vegan or losing weight, I'm doing Veganuary and Dry January in tandem and am already feeling better after just 5 days! - The site for Veganuary has a LOAD of helpful tips and recipes etc. and you can find it and sign up here: https://veganuary.com/and there are a load of restaurants doing Vegan menus now too - we went out for dinner a couple of days ago and I had the Miso Rice Bowl at All Bar One (in the UK, sorry not sure where everyone is from) and it was incredible :smiley:

Good luck all! Happy and Healthy New Year!
  • rebeccamousseau
    Options
    Has anyone read How Not To Die by Dr Greger? I just finished it on a free trial of Audible through Amazon. It was incredibly eye opening on disease prevention through plant based eating.