Need easy chicken recipes!

Options
mdoan5719
mdoan5719 Posts: 1 Member
I buy a lot of chicken tenders and need to find a new way to cook them...a healthy way of course. Any suggestions?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    how are you cooking them now?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Get a packet of Campbells chicken marsala sauce. Simmer. Delicious!
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I made this Baked Chicken with Artichokes recipe from Budget Bytes and it was super easy and amazing. Budget Bytes in general is just a great resource, recipes are consistently good/easy to follow.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Skillet meals & casseroles are where it's at! If you have an actual skillet, just add your chicken/whatever, brown on stove & put in the oven for a bit. Same for casserole, just add all the ingredients & stick in the oven. I'm partial to chicken/spinach/potato but you could really add any veggies. Tacos/fajitas are really easy too. I never use actual recipes, just throw things together haha.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I throw them in the crockpot while frozen with chicken taco seasoning. Cook on high for about 30-45 minutes and then reduce to low for all day cooking. Shred the chicken when you are ready for dinner and mix up with the liquid in the pot. Great for shredded chicken tacos, nachos, or taco salad.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    That's for the unbreaded, raw kind.
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I dip them in mixture of egg white and coarse ground mustard then coat in Pablo crumbs. Spray them with Pam and bake. They turn out crispy and yummy
  • jamacianredhair
    jamacianredhair Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My go to chicken meal is lemon pepper chicken with a good carb, usually wild rice or sweet potato and whatever veggies you enjoy.

Sometimes we do lemon pepper chicken and slice it up for chicken Caesar salad.

The other night I diced up my tenders and cooked them with ginger and jerk seasoning. I mixed that in with some wild rice, mushrooms and onions and made a stir fry with teryaki sauce.

I would check out the spice isle and pick a spice and work around that, I'm sure you will come up with some good stuff.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Made a really good buffalo chicken grilled cheese last night. Cut up and cook the chicken in cubes. Toss in buffalo sauce. Top with shredded cheese or any cheese really. Cook like a grilled cheese. So good.
  • lyssasm
    lyssasm Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I do this really yummy lemon garlic pepper chicken dish. You get garlic, juice of one lemon, and a bit of milk to make it creamy, boil it, add a bunch of spinach. Then you pour that over raw chicken (seasoned with salt/pepper/etc), bake it for about a half hour at 350f. I also top it with more spinach before I throw it in the oven. And I serve it over brown rice. Super filling and super yummy!!
  • lyssasm
    lyssasm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    https://nofailrecipe.com/recipes/spinach-artichoke-stuffed-chicken-breasts/ oh also this recipe is to die for! It's my absolute favorite chicken meal to make.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I like to cook my chicken breasts/legs/thighs in roasting bags, they stay really juicy and you can throw in any spices or herbs that you like without adding calories as they cook in their own juice. However I also like to make curry and casseroles in my slow cooker.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can change the sauce. Buy it pre made if you want super easy. Double up the sauce if home made and put the extra in a mason jar to save you time the next time around.

The sauce: spaghetti, Alfredo, salsa, curry, masala, chili.

The carb: pasta of various shapes, rice, potato, quinoa.
  • MissBeeGonz
    MissBeeGonz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Caldo de pollo (chicken soup) it has cabbage, zucchini, onion, celery, carrots & corn.

Buffalo chicken wraps

southwestern salad with chicken
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If someone already suggested a similar recipe, I apologize. If you want to skip the bread crumbs just use the yogurt but I dip tenders in plain Greek or regular yogurt (about 1/4 cup for about 3-4 tenders approx) and squeeze a bit of lemon juice, Italian seasoning or whatever seasoning you like in with the yogurt and mix. Then coat in seasoned bread crumbs, lightly sprinkle grated fresh Parm cheese or even a little crumbled feta on top of tenders. The yogurt makes the chicken really moist. If you just use the yogurt, add a little more seasoning and cheese on top so it gets a bit crispy.

For 3-4 tenders, I cook 350F for approx 20 minutes. You can broil at the very end for a few minutes if you want a crispier coating.

I always tweak recipes and am part Sicilian so I usually add more seasonings and garlic for flavor ha! You can also add fresh minced garlic to the yogurt if you are a garlic fan.
  • shimmernova
    shimmernova Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chicken curry recipe

1)Cut and fry onion in a little oil (whatever you like)
    2)Brown onions until golden
    3)Add some fresh garlic and ginger and fry with onions
    4) Add chicken (breast, thighs, anything you like)
    5) Seal the chicken and cook with onions for a few mins
    6)Add some:
    -corriander powder 1/2 tsp (measurments depend on how much you're cooking)
    -cumin powder 1tsp
    -Curry powder 1/2 tsp
    -pinch of tumeric (not really a big deal)
    - chilli powder ( If you're feeling spicy) or you can actually add whole green chillis)
    -salt ( 1 small tsp)

7) stir chicken and spices for a few minutes
    8) Add 3 fresh tomatoes or tin (chop em and chuck them in)
    9) let chicken cook in tomatoes until you see oils come through around 5-6 mins
    10) Now add some boiling water from the kettle, enough to cover the chicken.
    11) Put lid on and let it cook on medium heat for 20/25 mins until cooked
    12) whack heat to high, take lid off, dry up the curry to whatever consistency you want.
    14) Garnish with corriander, squeeze a bit of lemon and its done

Plus if you make enough you can have it for a couple of days, just store in the fridge :)

P.s I know it's not that simple but it tastes super good with basmati rice.