Whats best?

Options
I am into week 3 of my diet and was wondering what the best exercise is to start with? I tried a video and nearly died, it's Icy outside so I can't go out there. any suggestions? Thank you.

Replies

• samantha_dawn_81
    Options
    I am into week 3 of my diet and was wondering what the best exercise is to start with? I tried a video and nearly died, it's Icy outside so I can't go out there. any suggestions? Thank you.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I really like the 30 day shred. My DH is doing the P90X, but I'm not anywhere close to being able to do that yet. I also do pilates and jogging.

Do you have any exercise equipment? Even if you don't there are a lot of great cardio videos available.

I don't do it, but there is a group on here of ladies who do Turbo Jam and they really seem to like it!
  • samantha_dawn_81
    Options
    Thanks, what is the P9OX?
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Try the 3 mile walk by Leslie Sansone !! You can get it at walmart !! Its easy and it burns a ton of calories in just 45 minutes.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    P90X is a pretty extreme work out program that's out now... It's pretty hard, but if you stick with it, the results are supposed to be amazing. I don't think that there is really a workout that is "the best"... I think that as long as you are moving, you'll be losing!!:wink: I have a membership with Netflix, and they have all sorts of workout dvd's available. I'll try them out first, and then see which ones I want to buy. Right now, I'm having a blast with one called Crunch Cardio Dance Blast- they have all sorts of dvd's out, but the reason why I like this one is that my daughters think it's fun to dance around with me when I'm working out. Or maybe they're just laughing at my lack of dancing skills. :blushing:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I tried this DVD out (you can use a kettlebell, or dumbbell) for working out indoors.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/10-minute-solution-kettlebell-ultimate-fat-burner-5596

I've tested each of the five workouts (they're really quick, at 10 mins each). Not only was I sweating up a storm when I tried three of the five at once, I really grew in appreciation of the intstructor (Michelle) - well...kinda.

While I was sweating, she was just smiling and continuing on - no sweat, no breathing hard :grumble: talk about humbling :blushing:

Hope this helps!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Dancing is so much fun! I do Zumba...its a cardio salsa-ish dancing thingy...I look like an IDIOT but I have sooo much fun and sweat my butt off! If there aren't any classes near you you can look it up onyou-tube and there are a bunch of the dances on there!!!

Also, once it is warmer it is really fun to do hikes/power walks with friends...that way you exercise and chat at the same time!

Good luck!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Thanks, what is the P9OX?

Info on P90X can be found here: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

There are also a couple forum threads that talk about it. What I can say is that it is NOT for beginners. If you were dying doing another DVD (not sure which one) then P90X may not be for you quite yet. But check it out anyway, you may think it sounds perfect. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • samantha_dawn_81
    Options
    Thank you all very much, I guess I'll just have to try a few things out to see what works best for me. Losing 5 the first week and only 2 the second really discouraged me, but I want to move on and lose tons more. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
  • vcanter
    vcanter Posts: 17
    Options
    Well, they say a healthy weight loss is 1 and a half to 2 lb's per week. I love the Leslie Sansome walking videos. It's simple but it definitely increases the heart rate and you feel like you've worked out. I try to lift some weights too.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged because you lost two the second week!!! That is PROGRESS!!!! If you continue to "only" lose two pounds a week, you'll be down 20 in ten weeks!!! Keep going the direction you're moving, and you'll do just fine:wink: