About to be 25 next year so this year means no bull! NEED MOTIVATED FRIENDS :)

Options
sandiikat
sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
SO I started my fitness journey about two years ago, it has been a roller coaster. I was doing very well but then I fell behind (I had to find a new apt in less than 2 weeks, got new apt, got pets, boyfriend lost his job etc) Life was just happening & I kept falling behind. :'( So of course it's a new year so I decided to make sure I commit but what's even more important is that I'll be 25 next year. A QTR OF A CENTURY! :) I want to be able to look my best on my birthday next year (1/26/18). o:)

So cutting to the chase, I need some buddies who are wanting to make an actual friend here on MFP. I want us to be able to talk about our goals & keep up with one another. Making sure we're commiting & if we're not, we then have a cheerleader helping us move forward. I know this all sounds kinda cheesy but I know I work better when I have someone checking up on me.

A little about me: I'm an exercise science major (another reason why I REALLY need to commit) I live in South Florida. I'm currently 23 (birthday in 22 days). I love dogs & cats (I have one of each) <3 . I love yoga & meditation. I weight lift & now starting to do more cardio this time around. I have an amazing boyfriend so if you have a boyfriend too we can give each other advice on that as well hehe.

Hope I can meet some nice friendly people. I just want to make buddies so we can all count on one another :) I also have a fitbit! Please feel free to add me! https://www.fitbit.com/user/3653DT I love doing competitions (even though I never win haha).

Replies

• Aliteralballofsunshine
    Options
    I just turned 25. I am originally from South Florida but I live in Indiana now. I love yoga and strength training. I hate cardio but I am trying to like it. I love cats and dogs and as soon as my sister leaves my apartment i am getting a cat.
  • cldale0728
    cldale0728 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I turned 25 back in Oct. I had my second baby in 2014. I was 145 when I got pregnant and not I'm am over 200 :( my weight has always want up and down and its really gotten me depressed and I need motivation friends too :blush: I hate being over 200. I have never been. I also believe its my nexplanom birth control messing with my weight :neutral:
  • Aliteralballofsunshine
    Options
    I just turned 25. I am originally from South Florida but I live in Indiana now. I love yoga and strength training. I hate cardio but I am trying to like it. I love cats and dogs and as soon as my sister leaves my apartment i am getting a cat.

cardio helps if you have a tablet or a laptop take it to the gym and make a dance party on the elliptical

I have been listening to podcast at the gym when I do cardio. It gives my brain something to focus on besides how much i hate what I am doing. I will try bringing my tablet with me next time.
  • cldale0728
    Options
    Would like to add I am from Tennessee :) 2 daughters. 2 and 6. :blush:
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 25 next year as well. I am currently around 202lbs and want to get down to 120.
  • cldale0728
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    LOL @ 25... NEXT year lol. Well, I'm 24 now. And my fitness journey has been up and down for about 6 years so don't feel bad (since I was 18). I initially went from maybe 190-195 to 155ish (I'm 5'10). From that point I've typically stayed in the 155-165 range. I hit 175 my first winter home after college (that was my worst spiral) and when I'm on really track & doing well I can to 150-152. My comfort zone is 154-158 ish. Never been able to get under 150 successfully.

This year (before I turn 25 in June) it would be nice to lose the last 10-15 pounds. Right now I'm probaly 153-155ish. Slow and steady. I'm sick of the roller coaster.

I'd love to be your friend :). Im also in a GroupMe with some lovely ladies that's focused on fitness.

• sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    nevara77 wrote: »
    Would like to add I am from Tennessee :) 2 daughters. 2 and 6. :blush:

wow we're in the same boat (the whole hate being over 200). I know once I'm 199 it's all down hill from there (in a good way lol) Message me! :)
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You can add me, I'm down 62.3 lbs so far and I have about 58 lbs to go. I'll be 30 in June so this is a big year for me
  • agriff1991
    agriff1991 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 25 and I wanna. Lose about 40-50 pounds I weigh 170 now. Feel free to add me!! I need some friends to keep me motivated too!