Homeopathic HCG Diet Drops

Options
Who has tried this... One of my friends bought the drops online and she said that it has acutally been working for her she has lost 17 lbs in two weeks. In some cities they acutally have a place to visit to buy them for a little bit more than what you can get online. She eats only 500 cal a day with cucumber being a big portion of lunch and dinner. Something smalll like a fruit for breakfast and small portion of meat. Lots of water no soda diet or regular. And absolutely no starches.. The drops are to make you in some way not feel hungry.

Replies

• divajj107
    divajj107 Posts: 17
    Options
    I might be in the minority but I really don't think 500 calories a day is healthy at all. The best way to lose and keep it off is to do it slow and steady and learning to eat everything in moderation... please be careful if you try this, it sounds dangerous.
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Homeopathic = contains nothing significant. They dilute an herb or whatever the "active" ingredient is (in this case HGC hormone, which has never been proven to diminish hunger in the first place) to the point that there's only trace amounts of it left in the final preparation, if any at all. You're left with overpriced sugar water.

The reason she's losing weight is because she's eating 500 calories. The reason she's not hungry is because she thinks the drops are making her not hungry.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Homeopathic = contains nothing significant. They dilute an herb or whatever the "active" ingredient is (in this case HGC hormone, which has never been proven to diminish hunger in the first place) to the point that there's only trace amounts of it left in the final preparation, if any at all. You're left with overpriced sugar water.

The reason she's losing weight is because she's eating 500 calories. The reason she's not hungry is because she thinks the drops are making her not hungry.

exacty!
  • BarbieHier
    BarbieHier Posts: 29
    Options
    I tried this last year... I REALLY struggled, was HUNGRY all the time and only lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks. I say only, because it was torture and I felt like I should have lost 50 for that much deprivation. Plus I put it all back on and lots more.

I have since lost 48.5 pounds since February, following the "Just 10" book and plan. SO much easier and not torture. In fact I finally dealt with the food addiction that has kept me in a yo-yo cycle all of my adult life. Dealing with the food issues is KEY to weight loss and maintenance. the drops are a waste of time...sorry, just sharing my honest opinion and experience.

If I had started the "Just 10" book a year ago instead of the HCG drops, I'd already be at my goal weight.

Don't waste your time. :o)
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    This diet freaks me out... seems its a fast track to an eating disorder. My that's just me.
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Totally - in anything over 12C there isn't even a trace as it passes the Avogadro limit.

The placebo effect can be powerful though and I wouldn't normally be concerned about homeopathy for weightloss - apart from the 500 calories a day!!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had a big speech set out about homeopathic, but glad to see I was beat to the punch. :):flowerforyou:
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend who has done this for a while and it worked for him, he loved it and looks amazing. I looked into it and it didn't seem right for me
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Homeopathic medicine is my big pet peeve. Water has a memory of a drop of whatever you claim will cure my ailments but not all the road runoff, feces, and other such toxins it once came in contact with? You've gotta be kidding me.
  • msunique133
    msunique133 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was definitely not going to try it because I really don't think it would fit me . It seems like starving yourself to me. I just thought maybe as a few said it worked for them but I suppose it would with anybody only eating 500 hundred calories you start to loose and then you stop because you are basically starving yourself. Thank you everybody for your thoughts on the product. I just did not see the special thing in the drops either. I guess whatever is the best plan for some. Good Luck on all your journeys!!!
  • rainybeautiful2011
    Options
    Yes I have tried this and it does work. I only did it for 21 days and lost almost 20 pounds. However, it is very stirct on calorie intake of 500 calories a day and what you eat. It really does work if you have the will power and don't stray from what you should eat. I plan to go back on it in August.
  • myri54
    myri54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am on the e-hcg homeopathic hcg diet, and is working great for me. i never feel hungry.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Crazy. Supporters of HCG are typically folks making their first post here after months of membership. Why is that? Some kind of conspiracy? OP, are you getting private messages from folks hoping to sell this crap to you?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit. Where do we find out more?
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options

exacty!

Ditto.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Who has tried this... One of my friends bought the drops online and she said that it has acutally been working for her she has lost 17 lbs in two weeks. In some cities they acutally have a place to visit to buy them for a little bit more than what you can get online. She eats only 500 cal a day with cucumber being a big portion of lunch and dinner. Something smalll like a fruit for breakfast and small portion of meat. Lots of water no soda diet or regular. And absolutely no starches.. The drops are to make you in some way not feel hungry.
    It's BS. Real HCG is a HORMONE and like all REAL HORMONES have to be prescribed by a doctor. Your friends are making a marketer richer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You don't need special drops to eat like an anorexic patient.
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    Homeopathic medicine is my big pet peeve. Water has a memory of a drop of whatever you claim will cure my ailments but not all the road runoff, feces, and other such toxins it once came in contact with? You've gotta be kidding me.

Thanks for not being an idiot.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

Thanks for not being an idiot.

NAME CALLING IS NOT ALLOWED! :grumble: :angry:
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    You don't need special drops to eat like an anorexic patient.
    But the drops make it OK and socially acceptable to be anorexic! I saw these on Dr. Oz!
This discussion has been closed.