I'm sick of selling myself short. I need support.

Options
I'm 28, divorced, queer as all get out. I'm a very positive person. I have a tendency to give up or half *kitten* most things in my life. I've been on this site somewhere around 10 times and wind up just leaving, or giving up. I'm sick of doing this to myself. I'm trying to accomplish my goals as realistically as possible and do small shifts in life style changes. Every time I've changed so drastically in a matter of days, I burned myself out, struggled and gave up.

I work full time as a floral clerk and am a full-time student studying sociology. I'm sarcastic and loud and nerdy and love cats.

Replies

• frannabanana22
    frannabanana22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love cats too! And I'm in your same boat! I'll be 28 next month and I too have struggled with the back and forth... loosing and gaining. And I definitely go too hard the first few weeks and get burnt out. Feel free to add me, maybe we can support each other!
  • merrynotwise
    merrynotwise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    another cat lover here too! im on repeat mfp journey, i am excellent starter of things not do mucg at the finishing!
  • ameliabee6
    ameliabee6 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the same boat. I think I've lost and gained the same 25 pounds about 500 times. I actually got down to my goal weight during a really ugly divorce two years ago, and kept it off for a year, only to break my back and spend a year on the couch comfort eating. When I logged on to start over again I now weigh MORE than I did when I first joined three years ago. I'm pissed. Just today I was reminding myself of that great Einstein quote, "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." Well, this year, I vow to no longer be crazy. Doing do some things differently this time around. Friend me and we can keep each other in check. o:)
  • heartisgoldhandscold
    Options
    ameliabee6 wrote: »
    Hey there! I'm in the same boat. I think I've lost and gained the same 25 pounds about 500 times. I actually got down to my goal weight during a really ugly divorce two years ago, and kept it off for a year, only to break my back and spend a year on the couch comfort eating. When I logged on to start over again I now weigh MORE than I did when I first joined three years ago. I'm pissed. Just today I was reminding myself of that great Einstein quote, "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." Well, this year, I vow to no longer be crazy. Doing do some things differently this time around. Friend me and we can keep each other in check. o:)

This is my life. I got down to my goal weight, but shortly after I got divorced, it started creeping back up. Now i'm back to my HIGHEST before I even started MFP a few years ago. I want to kick my own *kitten*.
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had been the same too. Joined MFP years ago and would lose a bit of weight then give up and never get near my goal. Last Christmas I was determined 2016 would be the year I got to the goal and I did. I've been maintaining for 3/4mths now. You can do this! My key was logging everything every day and don't be too hard on yourself if you've had a bad day. Feel free to add me
  • Dani_M_1984
    Dani_M_1984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate, I've been the same for a few years - start off doing great and then mess it all up and worse again! Anyone feel free to add me and I'll help you if I can :)