Weight loss surgery?

Options
I had the gastric done back in April and down 100lbs. Has anyone else had this? I'd like to make new vsg friends that are on the same path as me. Let me know! & whether or not you've had it, add me any way!

Replies

• angave101
    angave101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the sleeve done on Dec 28th! I would definitely also like a few friends who have similar restrictions/goals as myself. Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • scarlettros21
    scarlettros21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the classes currently. I am hoping to have my surgery by June
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I had RNY done Dec 8, 2016.... I would like to make new friends that are going thru the same as me. I'm tired of hearing "oh you took the easy way"
  • TeamJenn
    TeamJenn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve* it was well worth it but is definitely a challenge every day.
  • robin715
    robin715 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on Nov 14. Am definitely needing some support & friends that 'get it'!! Am down 35 lbs, but I guess I've hit a plateau--haven't lost anything in almost 4 wks. Anyone else experience this? I knew it would happen, I just didn't think it would be this soon.
  • kristinehunt2525
    kristinehunt2525 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am just starting the journal to get the bypass surgery and I thank you all for posting stuff my family doesnt think I should get it and I have been kinda feeling alone in this adventure.
  • robinmechell
    robinmechell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done 10/26/16. I feel like I am currently in a stall and i am so frustrated at myself because of it
  • TeamJenn
    Options
    robin715 wrote: »
    I had VSG on Nov 14. Am definitely needing some support & friends that 'get it'!! Am down 35 lbs, but I guess I've hit a plateau--haven't lost anything in almost 4 wks. Anyone else experience this? I knew it would happen, I just didn't think it would be this soon.

Yeah I've plateaued so many times, drink lots of water and watch what you eat.
  • TeamJenn
    Options
    I am just starting the journal to get the bypass surgery and I thank you all for posting stuff my family doesnt think I should get it and I have been kinda feeling alone in this adventure.

That's how it was for me, I decided to do my own research and i took a year to try it on my own before I decided I wanted to get the surgery. My family had no choice but to support my decision, and now they are so happy with my results.
  • TeamJenn
    Options
    I had the sleeve done 10/26/16. I feel like I am currently in a stall and i am so frustrated at myself because of it

Don't be, it's normal. Drink lots of water, eat clean!