Beginners exercise

Options
I have recently started encouroprating exercise into my lifestyle change (diet etc) I am doing 30 minutes of stationary biking burning roughly 240 calories a time.

I am also starting the '30 day squat challenge' and starting to walk 30 minutes extra a couple of days a week (physically as much as I can do as I'm a student & my college is considerably far away)

How long till I start seeing results? Is this good to begin with? (I am cutting calories too)

Thanks.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    How long till I start seeing results?

Depends how good your vision is. :D

You'll probably start to feel improvements within 2 weeks, and see improvements within about 4 weeks. When will other people notice? Probably 8 weeks. Fat loss happens slowly, so think long-term and enjoy the journey, with all its ups & downs.

Not a big fan of "challenges" because of the higher risk of developing overuse injuries. Most personal trainers would recommend following a full-body strength program. Good programs include NROL, Nerd Fitness, and Stronglifts.

How much do you want to lose?
  • hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    How long till I start seeing results?

Depends how good your vision is. :D

You'll probably start to feel improvements within 2 weeks, and see improvements within about 4 weeks. When will other people notice? Probably 8 weeks. Fat loss happens slowly, so think long-term and enjoy the journey, with all its ups & downs.

Not a big fan of "challenges" because of the higher risk of developing overuse injuries. Most personal trainers would recommend following a full-body strength program. Good programs include NROL, Nerd Fitness, and Stronglifts.

How much do you want to lose?

Fair enough. Thankyou. I'll look into what you said.

I'm looking to lose 28 pounds I've already lost 16.
  • hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Not sure why my post isn't sending - I said.

Fair enough. Thankyou. I'll look into what you said.

I'm looking to lose 28 pounds I've already lost 16.