Breakfast? Do you eat it or skip it?

Options

Replies

• LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I start off with coffee (with heavy whipping cream) every morning at 7.
    I eat a Danon Light & Fit Greek yogurt around 9:30 - 10am. Those are 80 calories and high in protein. So not too bad in calories and gets rid of the growling until lunch.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Work days - I'm up around 5:00. Breakfast is usually around 9:30. I either have plain greek yogurt with protein powder and fruit mixed in, or eggs cooked in the microwave at work with salsa on top and some grapefruit on the side.

Weekends - I usually just do brunch and dinner.

I found if I force myself to eat breakfast earlier, I'm just hungrier throughout the day and end up eating more calories.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    On the weekends, I might do brunch, but generally I eat breakfast daily. Usually around 8:30. I make sure it always includes protein.
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I do intermittent fasting. I don't eat until 1 in the afternoon. I like to have a smallish late lunch and then a large dinner. Weekends I like to eat breakfast on Saturday but that's sort of a weekly ritual with the husband. :)
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I've never really eaten breakfast consistently, like you I just can't eat right after I wake up, something about it just makes me queasy. I've been that way my entire life (I remember my mom having to force me to eat before school as a kid). And don't listen to that crap about it "starting your metabolism" for the day--your metabolism doesn't need to be started, it's literally always working.
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Depends in my sleeping schedule and if I have things to do honestly but I'll often wait three hours or so before eating if I have a distraction.
    If not though I usually get it done with a protein bar or something but I'm not exactly one to have a lot in the morning since then I'll just feel bad all day.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I like two bigger meals and two snacks so I have my first at about 11 a.m., snack at 3-ish, supper at 6-ish and snack at 8pm.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Unless you don't eat all day, everyone eats breakfast at some point. Even if it is at 6pm
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Breakfast? Do you eat it or skip it?
    Both!
    Varies from nothing at all through the whole range of a protein shake, a light breakfast of cereal or toast/bagels etc. right through to a full English breakfast.
    Depends on the day, how I feel, how much time I have and what my plans are.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Eat it if I'm hungry, skip it if I'm not. I always pre-log a breakfast, just so I have room for it in my day if I want it. Then, if I'm not hungry, I delete it and use those calories later (dessert, wine, save them for going out to eat later in the week).
  • CanadianMissy
    CanadianMissy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Eat it if I'm hungry, skip it if I'm not. I always pre-log a breakfast, just so I have room for it in my day if I want it. Then, if I'm not hungry, I delete it and use those calories later (dessert, wine, save them for going out to eat later in the week).

Great idea!! Really great idea!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I and sometimes I don't. Depends on the day...
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at around 2pm. Every day.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I get up, get ready for work and start my 90-minute commute before eating my protein bar. Then I've consumed it and slightly started digesting prior to my gym session, so it helps a lot! I can't go on an empty stomach like some others. It's all personal preference really.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a brunch eater. I might have coffee or a small chocolate first thing in the morning, but don't make a full meal of it until about 10:30 or later. Since it's two meals in one I can usually indulge with plenty of eggs and meat and cheese. Then I'll usually eat a small afternoon snack of soup or fruit.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I need to eat within minutes of waking up. Always have. Toast (pb and jam/honey) 50% of the time, eggs in some form 30% of the time, and something else the rest of time (maybe muffin or oatmeal)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I loveee breakfast! But I pretty much have the same thing everyday, pb&j on toast with coffee. Unless it's the weekend, then I usually add eggs to that, and sometimes on Sundays it's waffles or pancakes with lots of goodies on top
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and second breakfast.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So? Don't eat breakfast.