potato for a year

Options
how do U feel about Andrew Taylor potato diet and results?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Boring and not enough protein and fat
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It achieves results by creating a plan that causes you to eat fewer calories than you burn. But you can do that on your own, eating whatever you want.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    Haven't we just had a long thread on this??
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I got confused and googled "Andrew Jackson potato" and found this fascinating slideshow: https://prezi.com/hbfsnytekz5f/in-many-ways-andrew-jackson-is-like-a-potato/
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It lacks some serious nutrition...you'll become malnourished from lack of many micros and protein and constipated from lack of fat and fiber...

Weight loss isn't about cutting foods out or heavy restriction, it is about keeping a deficit (eating less calories than you burn (TDEE)/eating less calories than you need to maintain your current weight). That means, yes, you can include treats and so-called junk food if you have enough room in your daily calories after your meals.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Potatoes: delicious idea
    Potato diet: terrible idea

YES!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ver000nika wrote: »
    how do U feel about Andrew Taylor potato diet and results?

I would guess the number on scale would go down. As would health.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I lost weight to get healthier - would be perverse to lose weight and get less heathy through malnutrition.
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options
    i still want to hear from someone who has actually tried this outside of the mid-1800's in rural Ireland
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i still want to hear from someone who has actually tried this outside of the mid-1800's in rural Ireland

See my post above lol.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Deja but. Didn't we just do a thread like this? OP you might want to search for it.
  • NeuronsNeuronsNeurons
    Options

See my post above lol.

Thanks. I did the cabbage soup diet once way back when for 48 whole hours, lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Boring and not enough protein and fat

This. Can't see the point at all.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Not that I would do it or suggest to try it, but factually no testimony who did a long time was found really nutrient deficient, to the contrary.

Blood test after 8 months
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEgonl4cjs

... and why to some, caring about nutrients is overrated (I know; it is a religion to others and those testimonies should not exist)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdzEinw3fM&t=861s

What I find funny is that along the decades, we say hundreds of studies high-this high-that low-this low-that, and there is no definitive conclusion agreed by all.

When I lost a massive amount of weight circa 2009-2010, it was not with good food, actually a lot of carefully selected "junk food". I went by calories alone (with a daily walk).

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    saintor1 wrote: »
    Not that I would do it or suggest to try it, but factually no testimony who did a long time was found really nutrient deficient, to the contrary.

Blood test after 8 months
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEgonl4cjs

... and why to some, caring about nutrients is overrated (I know; it is a religion to others and those testimonies should not exist)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdzEinw3fM&t=861s

What I find funny is that along the decades, we say hundreds of studies high-this high-that low-this low-that, and there is no definitive conclusion agreed by all.

When I lost a massive amount of weight circa 2009-2010, it was not with good food, actually a lot of carefully selected "junk food". I went by calories alone (with a daily walk).

You go right a head and keep ignoring nutrients, and consciously selecting nutrient poor foods. And, heck, bumping obscure posts to announce it.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options

You go right a head and keep ignoring nutrients, and consciously selecting nutrient poor foods. And, heck, bumping obscure posts to announce it.

That's the kind of religion I was talking about.

Back in a more 'scientific' mode, I would be more than happy to see somebody that did that (kinda) nonsense of eating only potatoes for a longtime with a valid report stating malnutrition. So far; none.