Options
2»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    YoungIronG wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @riffraff2112 I have been out of the gym due to a car accident. The treadmill hasn't been successful for me in my many tries. I feel like the rowing machine will be better for me. Hopefully I will enjoy it

The treadmill not being successful for you means you weren't creating a calorie deficit.

see, I took this as some physical/coordination limitation, since she was in an accident.

nutmegoreo wrote: »
    YoungIronG wrote: »
    oh, and if you didn't get my private message, I think you are gorgeous! wink wink

Ummm, creepy.

since when is it creepy to give a compliment and a wink?? I see jealousy rears its ugly head again--

*kiss kiss for you

Nah.... @nutmegoreo is too awesome to get jealous.

D'oh, why won't this app let me swipe right?
    I weigh around 225 and I am 20 :( . I know it's a mess. However, I do not feel conscious being on the treadmill or running at all. So I did some research and I heard rowing was a good full body workout. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has been successful with using the rowing machine. I am changing my eating day by day and I know that's a major contributing factor. Thanks in advance

My trainer has me break up sets with rowing in between sometimes, but it isn't an activity I personally would chose to do regularly. That's the beauty of exercise, there are so many different activities that you should be able to find something you enjoy. So if you enjoy rowing, it seems to be a pretty good workout. The best workout is the one that you will do. Try it for a while, and see if it is helping you move towards your goal (it should). If you find you don't enjoy it, try something else.
  • kiaramonroe772
    kiaramonroe772 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I tried rowing today and loved it. I focused on my form intensely for the first 5 minutes and then I pushed out another 10 minutes. I didn't get bored with it! I think I found a machine I love. Thanks everyone for your help & replies.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I tried rowing today and loved it. I focused on my form intensely for the first 5 minutes and then I pushed out another 10 minutes. I didn't get bored with it! I think I found a machine I love. Thanks everyone for your help & replies.

Awesome! Glad you enjoy it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    You can burn hundreds of cals a day rowing. Great way help lose weight while eating at a deficit.

Bought a Concept 2 rower and rowed 100k meters a month for 3 months which just melted the pounds off during my weight loss effort. Seldom need to use it anymore because I hit my goal weight and am currently in maintenance but it's there if I need to burn off a couple hundred cals (which takes me 10-11 mins per 100 cals) at a very moderate rate of rowing.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    awesome glad you like it. Whatever you enjoy, you are more likely to stick to.
  • kiaramonroe772
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • kiaramonroe772
    Options
    I know it may sound dumb but can anyone teach me how to read the machine? It's a lot different from other cardio machines and it confuses me :neutral:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    If you Google "Concept2 monitor" and include the model number (PM3, PM4, or PM5), they have how-to pages that are very useful.