MFP .. I actually quite like it :) Your ideas plz..

Options
Hey there,
Just joined and have tried many many ways to shift a few pounds.
So far so good. Kind of getting obsessed with calorie counting though :)

I suppose that can kind of be a good thing to start off with.
Does anyone have any ideas of how to keep motivated whilst running?
I cant last more than 10 minutes on a treadmill!

Jade

Replies

• xxxhodgexxx
    xxxhodgexxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've got to get a gym play list on your ipod. Dolly Parton 9 to 5, The Feeling "I love it when you call", a bit of Buble...and you're off & running.

Good luck

Sarah
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Music or audio book? I have the same problem using rower, which I love, but is so boring. I can walk on a treadmill and read a book at the same time but not jog or treadmill. I need to get some audio on my mp3 player.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Welcome!! Good for you getting a great start. I can understand that obsession with counting! I guess my ideas for the treadmill would be either watch tv if you can or listen to music. If i'm watching the telly, i get absorbed in the show or match i'm watching and time flies!! if i listen to music, i get something with a good motivating beat!
  • vilhelm
    vilhelm Posts: 1
    Options
    Stop running on a treadmill. The scenery stays the same all the time. Go run outside, that is so much more fun ;)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    If you get a chance to get outside to a park or a trail it is a nice change up. I love going outside to walk/jog when I can.
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Music is my key and I really can't look at the timer when I'm running on a treadmill. You really have to focus on something. Like thinking about what you're are going to do the rest of the day. Thinking about a special event coming up will help. I sometimes sort of dance while running on a treadmill (if that makes any sense) Just the little xtra effort motivates me. If you have to run on a treadmill then you have to endure and over a period of time you will adjust and it won't seem so bad its just the transitioning period. Sooooo...Keep at it, it will get better and make it interesting for you! :wink: :wink:
  • rowdymcrowdy
    Options
    keep up with the TM. I started at 10 minutes at 2.0 mph and I am up to 30-45 mins at 3.0-3.5 mph daily since the end of April. I watch TV, HULU, and DVDs for the distraction factor. Also get some motivation music where it makes you want to go faster. Try a pre-programmed tool like ifit live or just get an ifit card for your TM--make it fun challenge yourself--
  • BrownEyedGiRL928
    BrownEyedGiRL928 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't do treadmills anymore because I used to feel the same way you do. What motivates me now is being able to walk/run outside in this beautiful weather. What has also helped me is putting some good tunes on my iPod. I listen to music with fast beats so I can walk/run to the beat and it keeps me moving. I'm interested in seeing what others have to share too.
  • Jhayes21837
    Options
    Thankyou everyone. Good suggestions :)