Breakfast? Do you eat it or skip it?

Options

Replies

• debrafm
    debrafm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily eat right away, but I do eat before I leave for work. My job is physical, so eating breakfast helps. I'm usually up for at least 40 minutes before I eat, then I have Greek yogurt and granola, or if I have extra time, I cook an egg and make a wrap with Flat Out and avocado. Little salt, pepper and curry. Sometimes I'll have a midmorning snack. I like the Quaker Breakfast Flats!
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast and eat it everyday. If you haven't yet maybe look into overnight oats. About a million ways to mix them up and they're really easy to take to work and eat at your desk.
  • cmo246
    cmo246 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If I don't have time to eat before leaving for work, I bring instant oatmeal packets with me. Easy to make with hot water in a cup or bowl at work.
  • Anger67
    Anger67 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm at nearly the peak of overweight, so my body craves. I feed it a protien bar. When I'm down close to my goal weight, I most always skip, especially on weekdays. Weekends I try to splurge with a nice healthy-ish breakfast.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have issues with feeling hungry or thirsty until well after noon. I am trying to remedy that by forcing myself to eat regardless. It is NOT easy! Im not a morning person.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I enjoy breakfast...I don't eat it first thing, I eat it at my desk when I get to work. I usually have an omelette that I can do really quick at home in the microwave and then just reheat at work smothered in green chile sauce and oatmeal with almonds or peanutbutter.

It never occurred to me that I could make an omelette in the microwave. I think I may need to try this soon...
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    16/8 here, with the exception of coffee and a square of dark chocolate. Then lunch usually around noon or 1. I eat less overall that way. A bigger breakfast makes me hungry sooner.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Reaverie wrote: »
    I have issues with feeling hungry or thirsty until well after noon. I am trying to remedy that by forcing myself to eat regardless. It is NOT easy! Im not a morning person.

Can I ask why you're trying to "remedy" your body's natural eating patterns? Why not just skip the meal you don't want and use those calories when you're actually hungry? It's okay to go with your natural meal-timing preferences -- your body and hunger cues are not the enemy! :smile:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I always have breakfast at home before I leave for work. Usually consists of cereal, boiled egg, toast with a variety of different spreads.
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat breakfast. I like to get myself some coffee or tea though.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I usually have Greek yogurt.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did not always eat breakfast. I do now faithfully. I have found that for me I lose weight better when I do and have more control over what I eat. I don't always eat immediately depending on how early I am up, but by at least mid morning I have at least a protein smoothie or egg white sandwich.
    Find what works for you and do that.
  • SarahLascelles1
    SarahLascelles1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast, because if I don't, I am starving by 10. I don't always eat as soon as I get up, sometimes I swim/gym first, but I always have a breakfast before 9.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Definitely have brekky - sets your metabolism up for the day! Do a smoothie mixed with 1tsp of melted coconut oil. The combination of protein and fat will keep you full and it's easier to drink breakfast than eat since it's quick, portable and you don't need to chew (perfect when you're not hungry anyways)!

Not true. As @singingflutelady mentioned, the metabolism runs 24/7

Oh, and breakfast for me makes me ravenous the rest of the day. So that's a 'nope' from me.
  • JohanNel1988
    JohanNel1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I intentionally skip breakfast because I follow the Kinobody/Intermittent fasting way of eating.

I find it amazing to manage calories, manage my blood sugar and also make eating extremely enjoyable. It's the best way, in my opinion, to adopt an eating lifestyle and manage weight easily while building muscle!
  • kadiebabyx3
    kadiebabyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not eat right when I get up but i have definitely been trying to incorporate btrakfast more often
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am a breakfast everyday girl. Either toast with tahini or PB &H or periodically home made spanakopita - I go through phases. The only time I skip breakfast is if I have eaten a large meal the night before and am not hungry but that is not the norm.

Edited to add: if I did not do this I know I would eat strange things impulsively at work. If I stick to my normal breakfast then I stick to two boiled eggs and greek yogurt as a lunch and snack and then a larger supper at the end of the day.

This routine is the only thing that allows me to stay at 1200 calories per day when I am eating at a deficit. If I exercise - and I do almost every day - then I can have a glass of wine with sup.
  • kaydotklaxon
    kaydotklaxon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast because I'm hypoglycemic. Apparently my blood sugar drops very low when I'm asleep. But if I eat breakfast, I don't have to eat the rest of the day. Or if I eat late, I don't have to eat first thing in the morning.
    The longer I go without eating, the colder I get when I do. It could be 100* outside, and I'd be shivering.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee/tea with milk all morning, and try to put off eating for as long as i can.
  • JacTheBear
    JacTheBear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Only coffee and tea and then a light lunch around 1/2pm. Unless I'm staying in a good hotel, then its usually a tasty brunch.