Weighing yourself

Options
How many times a week do you way yourself? I try not to weigh myself everyday but it's hard.

Replies

• ginnaking
    ginnaking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do weigh myself every day now. When I stopped weighing so frequently is when I found I put back on weight and didn't notice.
  • agriff1991
    agriff1991 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I like to weigh myself everyday because even if it's a tiny bit it's still motivating
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday but only once a day under the same conditions. I record my weight in a trending weight app (HappyScale) and fluctuations don't bother me.

YMMv
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    If you're going to weigh daily, use an app like Libra or Happy Scale that monitors your trend weight. That way when you have temporary fluctuations, it's not such a shock.

Everyone has different preferences for how often, its whatever works for you. I weigh daily, too.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily because the fluctuations make me curious. I only record the number on Saturday mornings.
  • agriff1991
    agriff1991 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will check those apps out!
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Once a week, the only reason to weigh yourself daily is if you're a fighter trying to make a weight cut; realistically due to natural variance in your body composition, your weight will fluctuate, once a week is good enough.
  • KerrieMac10
    KerrieMac10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Every day
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do a weekly "official" weigh in on Friday morning, but a "stay on track this weekend" weigh in on Monday morning. I feel like doing it twice a week, right before a weekend and right after tends to help me make better choices during the weekend especially, but worry less about constant daily fluctuations.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Everyday, log it and move on. If its high, work on it, and hope for a better outcome tomorrow. They say the successful ones (people who keep the weight off) weigh themselves frequently.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record it on Mondays. If you find the fluctuations bother you/make you panic/feel bad, then weigh weekly. The catch with that is that if you happen to weigh in after a high sodium day (or for females, the wrong day of the month) you may get a faulty high reading. For instance I weighed 149.8 on Sunday. I weighed 154.6 on Monday (New Year's Day dinner, and water retention from lots of alcohol that weekend). Tuesday I was 153.6. Wednesday I was 152.4. Today I was 150.6 (back to the upper end of my maintenance range). If I only weighed in on Mondays, I might be freaking out right now thinking I had gained 5 lbs, and not seeing it coming off over the past few days. And if I happen to eat something high sodium next Sunday, and am back up a bit, I would have no idea that New Years didn't cause me much actual fat gain. I freak out a lot more when I weigh weekly because of things like that.

Tldr: For me, more info is better. But it is a matter of what suits you best.