3 day shred for the bigger people.

xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
Right ok, I'm 19, I weigh in at 14.0 stone. My fitness isnt brilliant, I get all hot and bothered after a little workout!

But, i really reallly need to loose weight on my stomach and legs, so I was just wondering if the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is any good? I mean like would i be able to keep on track with it, it is really hard? =/..

Alot of people have told me that they struggle with level 2, I want to beable to complete the 30days if you get me?

So is it something I should invest on, as I said my fitness levels arent that great, I dont want to buy the dvd and struggle with the first 10mins of day 1 and then just not bother with it because i cant keep it up =/

Let me know, if you have the 30 day shred and if its any good! And easy to keep up etc..:smile:

Replies

• DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Luckily it's not MUCH of an investment money wise, because it's only about $9 at Wal Mart. And time wise, it's worthwhile. Each workout is only about 25 minutes long. So one 25 minute workout a day? Not bad! And you do the first level for the first ten days, which is a pretty good preparation for your body to move onto level 2. I own it and really enjoyed the workouts themselves but didn't like doing the same workout so many times over, which is the only reason I didn't stick with it. I would like to in the future, though! A lot of people get amazing results with the 30 day shred. Under $10 and only 25 minutes a day? Give it a shot.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    I'd suggest getting it. I'm capable of completing level 1 with no problems at all, and it didn't give me many problems when i started. Level 2 is now being a bit annoying but here's how it is. If at any point i feel like i can't take it anymore.. i take a small break. Say anywhere between 5-10 seconds. Or if one of the exercises is really too hard, they always show an "easy" form of how to do the exercise, with less impact. You can completely cater it to your own wishes, and you'll notice that it goes better every day until you can do it without breaks.
  • xSophia19
    Luckily it's not MUCH of an investment money wise, because it's only about $9 at Wal Mart. And time wise, it's worthwhile. Each workout is only about 25 minutes long. So one 25 minute workout a day? Not bad! And you do the first level for the first ten days, which is a pretty good preparation for your body to move onto level 2. I own it and really enjoyed the workouts themselves but didn't like doing the same workout so many times over, which is the only reason I didn't stick with it. I would like to in the future, though! A lot of people get amazing results with the 30 day shred. Under $10 and only 25 minutes a day? Give it a shot.

ahh i see! thankyou, think i may just buy it and see like.. 25 mins a day?! well thats goood lol! im sure i can do it. =)

if i want decent results (which i do!!) then i should defo give it a shot.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    I was around 14 stone when I started 30DS and I am 43!!. The first 6 days were hard work but there are easy and hard alternatives to the exercises on all levels. I actually found level 2 quite easy (doing the easy versions) and since doing 30DS I have the stamina to run for 3 mins at a time which I would never have done before.

Go for it, its a great workout. You will need some handweights but two 500ml bottles of water will do to start with if you cant get any.

It will be hard at the start but dont give up on it. It WILL get easier

Good luck
  • xSophia19
    I'd suggest getting it. I'm capable of completing level 1 with no problems at all, and it didn't give me many problems when i started. Level 2 is now being a bit annoying but here's how it is. If at any point i feel like i can't take it anymore.. i take a small break. Say anywhere between 5-10 seconds. Or if one of the exercises is really too hard, they always show an "easy" form of how to do the exercise, with less impact. You can completely cater it to your own wishes, and you'll notice that it goes better every day until you can do it without breaks.

oooh thats good they do an easier form of the excercises!! :D
  • xSophia19
    I was around 14 stone when I started 30DS and I am 43!!. The first 6 days were hard work but there are easy and hard alternatives to the exercises on all levels. I actually found level 2 quite easy (doing the easy versions) and since doing 30DS I have the stamina to run for 3 mins at a time which I would never have done before.

Go for it, its a great workout. You will need some handweights but two 500ml bottles of water will do to start with if you cant get any.

It will be hard at the start but dont give up on it. It WILL get easier

Good luck

Ok! thankyou, ive got hand weights lol, soo im all sorted for that!! Wooo defo going to buy it!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    I struggle with 30DS - I have very little upper body strength and bad knees. I'm battling through (on Day 5 today!) with modifications but I can see differences.

I struggle to do the jumping jacks and the jump rope (without the rope) so jog on the spot when it gets too much. After only 5 days though, the jogging is becoming less and I can do the jumping jacks and the jump rope for most of the 30 second spurts.

I've said the word struggle a few times in this post, but I haven't given up yet. I am determined to do this for the 30 days, and get through all 3 levels. I have a feeling it may take longer than 30 days because I want to stay on level 1 until I can do it without stopping, same for level 2, and then until I can do level 3 without stopping. I am determined.
  • xSophia19
    I struggle with 30DS - I have very little upper body strength and bad knees. I'm battling through (on Day 5 today!) with modifications but I can see differences.

I struggle to do the jumping jacks and the jump rope (without the rope) so jog on the spot when it gets too much. After only 5 days though, the jogging is becoming less and I can do the jumping jacks and the jump rope for most of the 30 second spurts.

I've said the word struggle a few times in this post, but I haven't given up yet. I am determined to do this for the 30 days, and get through all 3 levels. I have a feeling it may take longer than 30 days because I want to stay on level 1 until I can do it without stopping, same for level 2, and then until I can do level 3 without stopping. I am determined.

Ahh i seee! Well keep up the good work, you can do it! =)..I know for sure ill struggle with jumping jacks. i can do like 10 and thats it =/
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Ahh i seee! Well keep up the good work, you can do it! =)..I know for sure ill struggle with jumping jacks. i can do like 10 and thats it =/

I struggled with the jumping jacks to start with; now they are the easy part. Cant do squat thrusts for long yet though.
  • LeahManc
    LeahManc Posts: 4
    Hi, I did the 30DS a couple of months ago (the whole 30 days!) and I am heavier than you, I lost about 4lbs over the month but lost 7 inches all over my body (2 off waist, 2 off hips, 1 off bust and half each off arms/calf).

Its the only exercise DVD I've ever stuck with. I still have a way to go to get "fit" but this dvd definitely helps!

Good Luck xx