Waist

Options
Hi I am trying to lose a bit of belly fat and get my waist back. I don't eat a lot but maybe the wrong things, any help appreciated. Anyone who has achieved this can let me know the secret. I have been told it is impossible to flatten tummy and get back in shape at my age. Christine

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You just have to eat less than you burn. One doesn't have to eat a lot of pizza to hit 1000 calories. And I know a lot of 65 year olds who are in great shape, so while age makes it harder, it doesn't make it impossible.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nothing is impossible, except spot reduction. The only way to lose the belly fat is to eat in a caloric deficit. Your body decides where it will lose fat first. For me, it was my face. People would tell me, "Your face looks too thin, you don't need to lose anymore weight," and all this while I was still obese. Just remain in a deficit until your body decides to let go of the belly fat, that's all you can do.
  • MontyMuttland
    MontyMuttland Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What ninerbuff says plus this simple mantra my wife picked up from Katie Hopkins:
    "Eat less and move more!"
    Try to shift the balance of what you're eating to include more protein-rich foods.
    A few sit-ups every day will help strengthen your tummy muscles, combine that with some brisk walking and you're on your way. It doesn't have to be any harder than that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Your tummy and waist will reduce with calorie deficit and losing weight.
  • cstevenson6
    cstevenson6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do as much as i can, babminton twice a week walk with my dog twice a day and moving house so i don't have a lot of time to exercise. Plus i can't find anything Lol
  • qorry93
    qorry93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to flatten my belly by reducing fat in my meals and focus on carbohydrate intake. I have latin dance class 3 time a week and free cardio 20-30 min per day 5 days a week. I have been doing it for 2 weeks now and loss almost 2 lbs, loss 1.5 cm waist plus 2 cm hip, more slender limbs, And also get stronger body. Good luck
  • cstevenson6
    cstevenson6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is very good keep going, all the best
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    The only way to decrease "belly fat" is to decrease overall body fat which can be done by eating at a deficit. Working out can also help increase the daily deficit and assist you in burning fat quicker. Not sure how much you have to lose, but recomp is another option. With recomp, you eat at maintenance and lift heavy in order to build muscle and "recompose" the structure of your body. I thought I would never have a flat stomach or abs, and after quite a while of heavy lifting, I'm almost there. It takes dedication, though and consistency.