So hard to get started for me

Options
I've only been doing this diet for three days ! I e never felt more tired or just blah in my life ! Granted I am a thick woman and I don't excerise or diet often. I use to but sometimes life kind of just goes faster than you intend and soon before you know it you just drop it without even thinking about it .one of the reasons I made this account was so that I had to be aware of what I was eating and how much. It help but honestly sometimes it's just freaking annoying as all hell! When do it get a big easier ? When does your stomach strink? Most of all why is it so easy to put on weight and not lost ! Fml! Lol

Replies

• erosemiller314
    erosemiller314 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just got re-started on here as well! I started on Tuesday. Sometimes I find the logging of food to be annoying, then other times I get so obsessed with it that I start annoying other people. haha I drive my boyfriend nuts when I have to stop and figure out if there is something I can eat at the restaurant before we decide we're going there. lol

The only thing I have been able to do is try and not look at this whole long journey all at once, because then I'm just like "forgetit! I'm not logging my food every meal for forever!" And then I want to quit. So I try to think about it just one day at a time. Or even just each meal. Hopefully it will just become habit eventually and I won't have to think about it so much.

• sandee07
    sandee07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just re-joined too, its not easy but it helps and lets you know where you are at. I have been going over in my sugar and carbs and don't like seeing that red negative number but I am conscious again. I'm not treating it as a race, just doing it one day at a time. This week I decided to just focus on food and next week a few days a week I will add in the gym again. Just remember we didn't gain it all in 5-8 weeks and don't need to try lose it all that quickly either but cutting back on certain stuff, adding in other stuff and just feeling good in the long run is what matters! Here's to a healthy and happy 2017! :smile:
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    broddy90 wrote: »
    I've only been doing this diet for three days ! I e never felt more tired or just blah in my life ! Granted I am a thick woman and I don't excerise or diet often. I use to but sometimes life kind of just goes faster than you intend and soon before you know it you just drop it without even thinking about it .one of the reasons I made this account was so that I had to be aware of what I was eating and how much. It help but honestly sometimes it's just freaking annoying as all hell! When do it get a big easier ? When does your stomach strink? Most of all why is it so easy to put on weight and not lost ! Fml! Lol

When does it get a bit easier? After about a month, you will feel more in the habit of dieting. Think of it as a lifestyle, not so much a diet. Put yourself in a healthy mindset and it will get easier to make healthy food decisions.
    When does your stomach shrink? This really depends on how much you have to lose. Usually those with 100+ lbs. to lose see rapid weight loss in the beginning and it slows down as they get closer to their goal weight. Everyone's body is different. Take progress pictures because that helps you realize how far you've come.
    Why is it so easy to put on weight versus losing it? Simple. It's easy to eat whatever you want and remain inactive, far easier than choosing healthy items, eating in moderation and getting to the gym. But the latter is far more rewarding.
  • anderswin
    anderswin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a punishment. Think of it as you taking control of your health and fitness. Nothing changed for me until I changed the way I thought about eating healthy and being aware (by way of logging in MFP) of how many calories your eating. You got this! Be a warrior for your health not for foods that will kill you eventually. Be a warrior for being active (start slow) and not a but warmer for your couch. You can do this! Just make up your mind that you're worth it.
  • diana123xyz
    diana123xyz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand your lack of motivation. Cooking is such a hassle with the constant weighing and jotting down of food and their numbers. I am considering trying some baby food jars to replace meals I am too lazy and tired to prepare, especially after working out. I feel burned out diet-wise, I have been jojo dieting for more than a decade. I don't know how to keep the weight off once I reach my goal because at that point I feel like a starving dog. It all feels so pointless.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I think this works best if you don't use the word diet unless it pertains to the type of foods you eat not the quantity. I say this is a lifestyle change and goes on forever. I eat much better foods now and avoiding the fattening processed foods is becoming easier. My turning point was realizing that I must run 7 miles to burn 1000 calories. When I looked at the McDonald's combo calorie count that exceeded that I thought no way. A daily deficit won't work overnight but it will work over the long term. Give it time and change your life.
  • VeryCarrie6969
    VeryCarrie6969 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody. I'm back again, too, after a year "off". (In other words, just living life) LOL. But, yeah, it's hard to get back into the mindset again but I'm going to try! ~~Must. Limit. Carbs.~~~Must. Exercise. Daily.~~
    Good luck to all of you. See you around! Friend me if you like. We've got one another's back!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had to get past thinking.. I'm going on ANOTHER diet.
    I've changed my whole entire lifestyle. I eat smaller portions and healthier options and I move my body more... results show..which keep me motivated to keep going. I may fall down for a week.. a month. But I get right back up and keep going.. cause I love those results!
    Good luck to you!
  • decembre2015
    decembre2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    am fed-up with starting & failing within hours...... getting depressed by it all now. Think I'll never get a grip. Every evening I swear I'll start being healthy the next day but I just dont have the energy / drive to commit. On here to pick-up some tips
  • broddy90
    broddy90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Honestly thank you everyone for your personal insight and just showing me I am not the only one that struggles with this . I know in the long run this is the best for me and my family. I totally get why this is a lifestyle because you do have to put so much work into this .

Progress pictures never even thought to do and this to me is an amazing idea. I was just looking at old pictures of me and I was so ashamed of the weight I gained ! Today I did start cycling it was only for a few minutes today on account of that I got home super late , yet as I cycled I realized omg this use to be easy for me and now this feels like my lungs are burning! That wasn't an awesome feeling. But I deff understand know what I have to do. I'm just glad there supportive people on here ! So many thanks guys!!!!