PCOS and weight issues

Options
Doing it this one again. Any ladies struggling with Pcos and trying to lose weight?! I was diagnosed a few years ago and has caused a lot of issues :-/

Replies

• tori182017
    tori182017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! Honestly it's annoying having it, it's made me gain a nice amount of weight, but i'm super excited to try and get back to the better me
  • Cuhnty_
    Cuhnty_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got diagnosed 2009 with pcos tbh i hvnt really "tried" to drop the weight. In 2012 i lost about 12kgs took me 3/4 months. I have since put it back on but determined to drop the excess weight this year! 40kgs!
  • Carebear199125
    Carebear199125 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When I first moved to Pennsylvania I lost about 20lbs in 5months and then I stopped. Having this stupid annoying syndrome makes things more difficult. I keep telling myself 2017 is my year for change
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I too have been struggling for years. I was diagnosed 20 years ago and it's a constant struggle to lose weight and maintain it. My goal is to lose 40 lbs this year, I'm hoping this is my year!
  • erosemiller314
    erosemiller314 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also have a PCOS diagnosis. And well over 100 pounds to lose. So it will be a long journey for me. I would love to have some friends who are going through the same thing! **Add me**
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. My goal was to lose 45 pounds starting in January 2016, and I'm halfway there! Feel free to add me :)
  • Carebear199125
    Options
    I'm happy to learn I'm not alone dealing with this issue!
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am a cyster... dealing with fertility issues... liking this thread for support
  • maddiemadz27
    maddiemadz27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Been struggling with PCOS for years now. Trouble getting pregnant and dealt with a lot of issues along the way from relationship to physical to emotional to spiritual. Its a battle hard to fight but hey its New Year! New Beginnings. Lets all keep on track and keep fighting ladies!!
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have a relatively new diagnosis of PCOS after a decade of being on the pill. While on the pill I was able to lose about 70 pounds, but since having to come off it and experiencing the full extent of the condition, I have been struggling to lose the additional weight. I started eating low carb/keto in October to address the non weight related symptoms and have seen a huge reduction in severity and in combination with exercise, have managed to lose 13 pounds. I know 13 pounds in 3 months doesn't seem like a lot, but it's something!

Good luck on the journey! You can do it if you are persistent and know it'll just be a little longer of a trip for us :)
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 22 years ago when I was 15 years old. There have been some pains in the *kitten* but with it but I am just glad the Doctor was wrong about me having kids. It took some heart break but my daughter is 20 months old. At 37 years old and now that we are not having any more kids it is time to get my weight back to normal. I am at 245lbs and by Oct 2018 I would like to be 195lbs so I can sit comfortable in a plane seat for a trip to Vegas.
  • Carebear199125
    Options
    Wow loving the response. I gave up on having kids for now due to marriage stuff but hoping losing weight will decrease the horrible side affects. You ladies are awesome! Feel free to add and message me anytime. I'm definitely looking for a support group!