Bad Habits

Options
I've just joined... I've been eating and eating at night before bed! Why?

Replies

• Harox
    Harox Posts: 5
    Options
    I just joined too :happy:
    I have the habit of having a cup of tea and a little chocolate every night before bed, i have really got to get myself out of the habit as i'm sure that's what's stopping me losing the weight x
  • canuckgurrl
    canuckgurrl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's a hard habit to break. Normally my Husband and I would crawl into bed and watch a show and munch.

Not anymore. It's habit/boredom ??

Good luck, you both can do it.
  • Lexie_86
    Lexie_86 Posts: 9
    Options
    Is it a comfort thing? Putting the day to bed with a nice snack of something that is comforting to eat? I take a pint of juice to bed with me every night, just can't go to sleep without a drink by my side. Why not try swapping it for something else you like but is a little less naughty?

Good luck
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    hello!
    Im brand spanking new aswell and i mean new i signed up about ten minutes ago lol.

I guess im just looking for people that know how hard it is to loose weight and i need that little bit of support.

its great to be here and i hope i can achieve some of the success people here have been achieving.

If anyone would like to be a weight loss friend i would really appreciate it.

vicky x
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have a term for it, "night grazing". I think lots of people do it. Its that time where you aren't ready yet to go to bed but its to late to really get involved in anything, so you need to keep your hands busy. Things I am doing to help pass this time, read a book, drink water with some crystal light in it to cure sweet cravings, post on this lovely sight, plan my meals for the next day and right down what I need from the store. Hope that helps a little bit.
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    I like to save calories for the night so I can have a beer and often, a piece of chocolate. (I don't eat the whole bar. Just part - or a couple pieces of high quality chocolate.) It would be torturous to me if I couldn't eat anything after dinner, so I use my workout calories for that. If I've eaten too many calories and I don't have any left, I don't get the night treat. It's hard, but I feel a lot better in the morning.