Up 6 pounds in under 2 weeks???

Options
So I weighed in this morning and am up SIX pounds from my weigh in about a week and a half ago or so... I've been eating around maintenance so it's gotta be water weight, right? The irrational part of my brain is telling me that it's fat, but I know that isn't really possible. Can't trust the scale!

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, likely water. Have you had a high sodium day within the past 2-3 days?

This is why I like to weigh daily. It helps me pinpoint exactly what caused those inevitable jumps in scale weight and watch them come off (admittedly that's the fun part... I've dropped five lbs in the past 4 days... Obviously water I was retaining from new year's festivities, lol).
  • thielke2015
    thielke2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What foods are high in sodium?
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    YUP! i can gain 5 pounds over night....check out your sodium stats lately!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    From your profile pic, I wouldn't sweat the 6 pounds :wink:
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    What foods are high in sodium?

Restaraunt food is notoriously high in sodium, as well as most bread, cheese, a lot of packaged/bottled sauces, as well as obvious culprits like pickles, potato chips, roasted, salted nuts and the like.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Processed food is high in sodium. Pretty much anything you don't make from scratch in your own kitchen, and that is not labeled 'low sodium'.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    So much about this screams ED. Have you seen your doctor lately?
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh nevermind I saw you are a guy, I had asked about periods xD
    so yes most likely you had too much sodium
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    So I weighed in this morning and am up SIX pounds from my weigh in about a week and a half ago or so... I've been eating around maintenance so it's gotta be water weight, right? The irrational part of my brain is telling me that it's fat, but I know that isn't really possible. Can't trust the scale!

Have you started a new exercise program? You can retain water from that. My own scale shot up 7 pounds when I started lifting weights again fall 2015.