Calorie Suggestion

Options
Recently MFP bumped my calorie suggestion from 1,300 to 1,800... I set my profile to lose 2lbs per week and haven't changed it... Someone said it may have been b/c of the amount of calories I burn during workout during the week. Is that why MFP increased my suggested calories?

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Yes. When you exercise, you burn Calories. Those additional Calories will make your deficit such that you would lose more weight than your targeted weight loss goal. As such, MFP has you eat more, so that you still meet that goal.
  • trinityi
    trinityi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh... Way cool... I was concerned they messed up... LOL... Crazy question/clarification, so if I didn't increase my calories, I will lose more?... Or will my body do what ppl call "go into starvation mode"?

Thank you for responding!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    there is no such thing as starvation mode...
  • trinityi
    trinityi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, and I hear that a lot... 1800 seems like a lot... Maybe I'll do 1400... Thanks again for responding..
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what is your current weight and goal weight? 2lbs a week (taking a quick look at your photos) might be too aggressive
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    trinityi wrote: »
    Oh... Way cool... I was concerned they messed up... LOL... Crazy question/clarification, so if I didn't increase my calories, I will lose more?... Or will my body do what ppl call "go into starvation mode"?

Thank you for responding!

If you exercise and burn more calories, but don't eat any of them back, you'll lose weight more quickly. That sounds like a good thing, but a lot of the time it isn't. Losing weight too quickly can have nasty side effects and can hurt the way you look and feel. How much is too much depends on a lot of things, so none of us have any idea if that applies to you or not.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    looking at your pictures there is NO reason for you to be eating 1300 calories 1800 if you workout sounds great