Any other stroke survivors on here??

Options
I'm 50. Three years ago I suffered a large stroke. Would love to meet fellow survivors.

Replies

• she800hunter2014
    she800hunter2014 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had a stroke just 1 month ago. Doctors were surprised because I had already lost 75 pounds this year, I was running 5K's regularly and walking or running several times a week. I was watching what I ate and tracked it through MFP. My cholesterol was in normal range, maybe on the higher end of the scale but I have no blood pressure issues. Now I am dealing with Aphasia and working with a therapist every week to fix the damage.
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had a stroke just 1 month ago. Doctors were surprised because I had already lost 75 pounds this year, I was running 5K's regularly and walking or running several times a week. I was watching what I ate and tracked it through MFP. My cholesterol was in normal range, maybe on the higher end of the scale but I have no blood pressure issues. Now I am dealing with Aphasia and working with a therapist every week to fix the damage.
    I wish you well with your recovery. My stroke was caused by a carotid dissection. Initially I was paralyzed on my left side,and spent six months in a wheelchair. Recovering takes time and a lot of hard work, but it is possible. I'm living proof of that. Message me if I can help in any way.
  • hmcnally44
    hmcnally44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had 2 strokes back in 2013. Ten days after the birth of my second daughter. My stokes were subarachnoid hemorrhages, bleeding on my brain due to the rise in my blood pressure. I am only 5"2 and gained a whopping 40lbs.....still trying to lose those first 5lbs! Any support, encouragement and motivation would be greatly appreciated. We can do this and maybe help each other along the way!
    :)