Nite time is the hardest

Options
I'm finding it hard 2 stop eating after 7 as I'm board :( and tips plz

Replies

• 18KatherineMiller
    18KatherineMiller Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try finding some new hobbies to get your mind off of eating during the evening and later on into the night.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    You don't have to stop eating after 7 PM. Restructure your diet to eat more at night. I look forward to my evening snacks all day.

And agreed - find something to do!
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry definitely work in nighttime snacks.

If you want food because you're bored (and I think we've all been there) try to find things to occupy your time at night.
  • tracykreczmer
    tracykreczmer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Add a really good for you snack..nuts..popcorn greek yogurt..don't deprive yourself that will lead to bad choices. Then watch a movie u love..or listen to music..or even add a few sit ups or free weights..just a small change..ok..
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Save some calories for a nighttime snack, or move your dinner to a later time. Eating after 7pm won't make you gain weight, as long as you're in a deficit for the day, you'll lose weight.
  • ieroen
    ieroen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anything that's difficult or unpleasant needs to be replaced by a system that makes it easy and enjoyable. My situation is: I can hold off my hunger effortlessly during the day, but all of that willpower drops below zero after about nine or ten. What's my solution for that?

1) I can hold off my first meal of the day until about one or two in the afternoon without any problems. So that way, I can push my last meal to a much later point in the evening.

2) I make sure that I pre-register some snacks into MFP for the evening. It's a great safety measure. That way, I still have some things coming my way. If I have to choose between cheating or going to bed hungry, that's a lost battle.

3) Another tip: it's a good idea to eat carbs before bedtime, because it helps you fall asleep quicker. Carbs produce serotonin and deliver the amino-acid tryptophan. It has a calming effect on the brain, puts you in a pleasant mood and makes you sleepy. So I'll often eat a bowl of oatmeal or cereal before bed.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Agree with saving calories for the evening. I use my regular calories for meals, and plan to eat back about half of my exercise calories as snacks. My gadgets tell me I burned 500 today, so that means I have 250 to play with this evening. I don't always use it, but its there if I want it.