I think I am finally ready! Looking for support.

Options
Hey all! I am a 28 year old mom of two looking to lose a few lbs. 8-10 to be exact. I am also setting a goal to work out at least 3 days a week. I have very little time to myself so this would be awesome. Looking for people with similar goals or just people that also need some support.

Replies

• AkromaJRB
    AkromaJRB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! I'm a full time dad, 6'0'' , 328.8 pounds... I've been large all my adult life, in part due to my kids being early in life and me being a bit irresponsible with all of our food choices. I pledged to lose 100 lbs by august starting after Christmas... I'm down about 10 already. Just signed up for a YMCA membership, and have been working very hard to slow down my eating during actual meals. It's been working and more than that, I've finally been able to relax a bit. (Something I never do). So remember, not only can you do it; but, you can do it if you just relax and enjoy every moment, every bite, and every second you get with the children!
  • hmcnally44
    hmcnally44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi....really hoping that I can shed some weight, tone and just improve my overall health. I too am looking for support! If you like we can be myfitnesspal friends?
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    on my final 10ish pounds. Working husband and father so have limited time. I usually find my self up around 5-6 to get a run or bike in. feel free to add me. But a word of caution, I am obsessed with cardio so lets do this!
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a working single parent, so I get it. Its not easy, but you totally have this.
  • paggorham
    paggorham Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Everyone needs support to keep them motivated!
  • coley113
    coley113 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AkromaJRB wrote: »
    You can totally do it! I'm a full time dad, 6'0'' , 328.8 pounds... I've been large all my adult life, in part due to my kids being early in life and me being a bit irresponsible with all of our food choices. I pledged to lose 100 lbs by august starting after Christmas... I'm down about 10 already. Just signed up for a YMCA membership, and have been working very hard to slow down my eating during actual meals. It's been working and more than that, I've finally been able to relax a bit. (Something I never do). So remember, not only can you do it; but, you can do it if you just relax and enjoy every moment, every bite, and every second you get with the children!

That is so awesome! Congrats! Getting started is more than half the battle. You got this :)