Battling PCOS & hypothyroidism

Options
For all of you out there who are battling hypothyroidism and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), I am sure you can appreciate success when it comes to weight loss. I had that experience and was very successful for three years losing a total of 80lbs! I did this by keeping carbs on the down low and upping my protein intake, however lots and lots of exercise and being consistent in my routine was HUGE. I felt amazing & couldn't wait to get to the gym or my bike and something else...my new little outfits ❤

Replies

• LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is great news and good job for finding a lifestyle that works WITH your body, not against it!
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    congrats! what was your exercise regime?
  • nikkisa10
    nikkisa10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! How low did you keep your carbs??
  • lotusthrone
    lotusthrone Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats :smiley: Did you lose at the same rate throughout the 3 years or have you been in maintenance mode for part of that? My rate of loss as been consistently around 2 lbs a month and I've wondered if PCOS and thyroid issues have contributed to a slower loss ...
  • girlwithanimpact
    girlwithanimpact Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats to you! I am hypo also and just can't lose weight no matter what I do. I started using this app about a month ago and have lost 1.5 lbs! A small victory to someone who's non-hypo, but ANY loss for me is huge! It's motivating me to keep it up.
  • amypixton2010
    amypixton2010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've dealt with this as well and once I figured out upping my protein, cleaning my carbs and lifting weight my thyroid jumped into gear and have lost 30some pounds and have had two babies :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great accomplishment! :mrgreen:
  • rhodesjem
    rhodesjem Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great stuff. I'm now starting out and this is indeed good news
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!