What item of clothing is it your goal to fit into?

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Black skinny jeans, long sleeve dark wine coloured fitted velvet top, knee high boots. Not sure what size, but smaller than the 12 I am now.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    One of my goals when I was losing was to be able to spend as short amount of time shopping as I could. Being smaller and more fit, it's easier to find clothing and I absolutely loathe shopping of any kind!
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    ale527 wrote: »
    ddd175f72c7012f25a15239d929ca62b.jpg
    I want to be able to wear a top like the model in the picture and bikinis without feeling insecure. I'm a lot more confident with my body now and believe I'll get there soon.

Those are basically my goals as well! I'm hoping to be ready to rock my bikini by this summer. The bottoms actually fit now but the top is still too small (my chest hasn't gotten much smaller as I've lost weight) but I'm hopeful by June/July. And I've always loved tops like that! I would love to feel confident wearing one!
  • glitterrainn
    glitterrainn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've always been on the big side. So my goal is to be able to fit in a size 6. I don't remember the last time I wore a 6. I know it was in my teenage years somewhere. Lol. I want to look fierce in a little black dress without having to think about spanx or having rolls.
  • radwolf93
    radwolf93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My SES ywlnfqe8mv8u.jpg
    overalls. I ordered the same size I usually would but without the luxury of being worn and stretched for a year and a half I found I no longer fit comfortably. My aim is to not have to buy a bigger size but a smaller one in the future
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I have a cute red summer dress with colourful cut-out embroidery that I'd love to fit into again - that's my Ultimate Goal Dress. :) It's been close to 30 years since I last wore it. (That and my wedding outfit, which is probably a similar size but a slightly more forgiving style.) I have about 25-30lbs to go before I can wear them, I think!

Also, I love that Tardis dress! I've seen a few versions of them, but that's one of the nicest - I'd wear that!

ncfitbit wrote: »
    I read that the discrepancy between clothing sizes varies a lot between retailers. The higher end, designer ones will be smaller in the same size than places like Old Navy and JC Penney,etc.

Someone posted an article about so-called "vanity sizing" a while back... I don't recall where it was now, but it talked about how it's more often the case that brands these days tend to cater to a specific customer base. So a brand aimed at teenagers or young women will have different sizing and fit to one targeted at middle-aged women, for example. It seems to be a question of identifying the brands that fit well and flatter your shape, and then sticking with those!

(Plus I'm sure there is a vanity element to it in some cases as well - some retailers might want their customers to feel good that they fit into a "size 2" even though it might not be called a 2 anywhere else... :) )
  • citygirl3133
    citygirl3133 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In 2015 I lost 15 lbs, bought a bunch of new clothes, moved to a new city, started a new job, started grad school, and quit smoking. By the end of 2016, I gained the 15 lbs back plus another 10. I just want to fit into the clothes that I bought in 2015 (first goal) and then get to a healthy weight - all told about 60 lbs. One day at a time.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Not here to lose weight so N/A.
  • anadee2598
    anadee2598 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree. I want to look good naked.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I went to a thrift store and spent less than $10 and bought myself a dress that's a couple sizes down (it's gorgeous all blues and greens), and a pair of jeans several sizes down that I am hoping to fit into some day.

Though, I also have a goal of being able to borrow from my hubby's closet. Mostly the men's Medium t-shirts he doesn't wear anymore because he gained 15lbs when I was pregnant and hasn't lost it yet lol.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    My graduation dress! I've been looking around and I know the style I want, though I haven't decided which one in particular. I graduate the 14th or 15th of July and I plan to lose about 25lbs to get to 135lbs (I'm 5'7). I got down to 141 (from 210) but got lazy and gained over the summer... and the autumn... and Christmas... >.>
  • brdoyle8
    brdoyle8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't have a picture here, but I bought this dress back in October for a work conference. Back then, it just barely didn't fit me, but I've gained a bit since then. I think fitting into that is great motivation for earlier on goals for me, like reaching 15 pounds lost. Overall, I want to be able to wear a pair of short shorts (I'm 21, all the girls my age wear them and I've never felt comfortable doing it). Great post idea!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Nothing anywhere near as glamorous as the outfits above! My old work trousers so I don't have to go through the embarrassment of having to ask for a bigger size of uniform. I'm wearing jeans at the moment, but PPE uniform is likely to become mandatory soon.
  • DiamondCookies
    DiamondCookies Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    High waisted skirts and pants! I adore the high waisted look with a cute button up shirt, but because I store most of my fat in my belly and thighs, I can't wear the skirts and pants I want to.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Honestly I want to look good naked!

Great answer! I wanted to look good in my own skin, too. :)
  • ktbousemafitforlife
    Options
    I'd like to fit into my vintage Levi high waisted shorts and my high waisted jeans.
  • ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wedding Dress!!

oy5habb4z5mh.jpg

byjooxremuho.jpg

Gorgeous!! You can do it :)